Trintech | Accounting/Finance | Addison, TX
Trintech is the leading provider of financial solutions for the record-to-report process cycle. Customers use our products to gain greater stability and control over their critical record-to-report financial processes, leading to better overall business performance. Over 1700 customers from the retail, manufacturing, financial, and service industries across 100+ countries utilize Trintech solutions, including half of the Fortune 50 and organizations listed on the FTSE 100 and other international exchanges. Each is realizing the benefits of the company’s configurable and highly scalable solutions every day to: ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data; identify and reduce transaction risk; optimize employee efficiency, improve the quality and timeliness of disclosure management and strengthen internal controls to support compliance requirements.
The Senior Accountant will be an integral role in our accounting organization. The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for managing the calculation and analysis of the sales compensation programs and partnering cross-functionally to ensure timely and accurate commission payments. In addition, the Senior Accountant will manage the company’s excess usage program which includes calculating and monitoring usage reports and providing valuable information to end-users.
To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated, resourceful, self-starter who can easily adapt in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Track commission calculations monthly within Microsoft Excel and reconcile with sales commission software to analyze, identify and resolve discrepancies
- Be responsible for the monthly commission accounting, including the commission expense calculation, accrual journal entries, ASC 606 commission capitalization and amortization, and all related reconciliations
- Provide critical support to the global incentive compensation process by working cross-functionally across Sales Operations, Finance, Accounting, Legal and Payroll
- Assist in maintaining database of rules and logic for compensations plans within sales commission software
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information and meet critical deadlines
- Be responsible for managing the excess usage analysis, including reviewing customer contracts, preparing accurate and timely usage reports, and responding to inquiries
- Assist with internal and external financial reporting relating to the revenue cycle and other technical areas as assigned
- Special projects as requested
- BS or BA in Accounting
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP, especially revenue recognition
- Strong problem solving, analytical & multi-tasking skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must
- Strong computer skills
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager
- Salesforce.com, NetSuite ERP, sales commission software experience is a plus
- CPA/CPA candidate is preferred