CentralSquare Technologies | Cloud | Lake Mary, FL
The Applications Systems Administrator role is an intermediary between the purely infrastructure components and the purely application support roles. As such, the position includes responsibilities that touch both of these areas. Applications Systems Administrators routinely work hand in hand with Infrastructure, Product Support, Install, and Development. A typical day may include application deployment, Operating System/Citrix/Network troubleshooting, Configuring Active Directory/Share/NTFS permissions, as well as Triage incoming issues for routing to the appropriate personnel.
The candidate for this role is expected to leverage technical expertise and strong communication skills to resolve escalated issues and to guide junior administrators.
This will require after-normal-business hours support, occasional weekend work, and will require being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation. Availability to work a flexible schedule occasionally to meet customer and project needs is required.
- Service-oriented mentality.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs
- Strong communicator.Establish and maintain communications with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, influence customers, and successfully set their expectations.Has well developed listening skills.
- Able to resolve basic and intermediate issues within CentralSquare application, servers, and network, independently.Proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Able to perform root cause analysis of problems.
- Able to maintain effective team relationships through appropriate communications skills, participation in team discussions, and assisting other team members with resolving issues or completing projects.
- Well established documentation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of basic network troubleshooting: verifying open ports, testing routes and connectivity, etc.
- Intermediate to high level of experience with installing, updating, and supporting operating systems such as Windows Server and HP-UX.
- Intermediate level of experience with backups, restore and recovery models.
- Intermediate to high level of experience working in a VMware production environment.
- Active Directory (Trusts, User/Group admin and design) and proper disk configurations.
- SAN operations and usage.
- Citrix XenApp / Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops experience a big plus.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Certification is a plus; Microsoft - MTA, MCSA, MCSE; CompTIA - A+, Network+, Cloud+; GIAC – GISF, GCUX, GCWN, GSEC
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent 5 years of work experience required.
- 5 years work experience in a production environment
- Ability to travel (expect less than 15%) to client sites and/or conferences.
- Have a cell phone (some reimbursement may be possible) and be willing to share cell phone number with coworkers.
- When working remotely or on-call, have Internet access and be able to respond quickly while on-call.
- Work directly with customers both during normal business hours and during on-call rotation.