Software Development Engineer Intern
Ping Identity | Product Development - Software (5103) | Vancouver, British Columbia
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
- Develop new features as well as maintain existing code.
- As a Java developer, you will work on a variety of web applications and services using frameworks such as Java EE, Spring and Apache Commons.
- Co-develop tests for your own code with QA engineers.
- Strong proficiency in Java
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Experience with standard development tools, including: IDEs (Eclipse or IntelliJ), source control (Git), build (Maven) and CI tools (Jenkins)
- Some familiarity with HTTP and REST APIs
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Keen eye for detail, design and end user experience
- Strong interest in digital security
- Familiarity with cryptographic concepts and TLS/SSL certificates
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization protocols, such as OAuth
- Experience working on large scale Java-based systems