Quality Assurance Analyst
KIBO | Product Development | San Diego, CA
At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Commerce. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will work closely with the software development team to identify and remedy software defects. This person will be responsible for implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems. If you are a professional with a keen eye for details who can work resourcefully and efficiently to assure quality of software this role is for you!
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of deliverables.
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL
- Identify test requirements from specifications and map test case requirements.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Test the solution in terms of functionality, design, performance, reliability, and stability.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes before the product goes live.
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement.
- Learn new technologies and new QA processes such as QA automation.
- 2+ years of relevant QA technical and process experience
- BS/BA in Computer Software or closely related field strongly preferred.
- Experience with database testing in Microsoft SQL Server; PostgreSQL experience a plus
- Experience in database testing including designing and manipulating test data.
- Clear communicator with an ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables and find defects quickly
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- C#, Java, or another coding language experience a plus.
- Performance testing using JMeter or relevant tool a plus.
- Experience in Agile methodologies like Scrum a plus.
- Experience in Test case management tools such as TestRails a plus.