Human Resources Manager
Numerator | Talent | Montego Bay, Saint James
The Human Resources Manager will optimize and improve the employee experience, helping to create a more meaningful and satisfying work environment. The Human Resources Manager will manage and support various employee focused programs, provide operational and administrative support, and be responsible for other ad-hoc projects and assignments as needed.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Builds relationships and collaborates across the company to understand and meet employee engagement needs, while providing high levels of internal customer service.
- Manages employee recognition and award programs.
- Brainstorms, plans, schedules, and implements organizational and departmental appreciation events.
- Serves as an internal HR representative on select employee committees.
- Maintain positive rapport with community organizations for volunteer program and opportunities.
- Ensures all employee experience activities are developed within company values.
- Researches and recommends updates/changes to company recognition and employee experience programs.
- Plans, executes, and manages various employee surveys; administers survey platforms.
- Partners with appropriate staff to schedule and deliver a best in class onboarding experience for new hires, considering needs of different employee groups.
- Conducts new employee 90-days interviews, analyzes data, and makes suggestions to improve the employee experience.
- Assists the Human Resources team with spreadsheets, correspondence, and other clerical support tasks as directed.
- Assists with updates of company/Human Resources policies and manuals.
- Answers employee questions regarding policies and procedures, escalating questions/ issues to appropriate HR team members when necessary.
- Responsible for the development of content for the company-wide communication via “In the Know” and our Employee Newsletter.
- Composes and edits other internal communication, (i.e. general correspondence, miscellaneous memos, and special project communication).
- Participates in and/or lead HR or cross-functional projects utilizing effective project management methodology.
- Record Keeping.
- Responsible for various HRIS employee record keeping.
- Develops and runs various HRIS reports.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Other Functions & Responsibilities
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Must be versed with Jamaican labour laws.
- Payroll experience would be an asset but not mandatory.
- Prior experience in a corporate Human Resources environment preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multi-task assignments with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated PC skills including strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, Excel, GSuite).
- Demonstrated presentation skills. Ability to create electronic presentations and conduct effective group presentations.
- Proven experience with a variety of HR software solutions; ADP experience a plus.
- Excellent project management and written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.Must possess high standards of personal integrity.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.