Director, Product Marketing
Jamf | 800 - Marketing | Minneapolis, MN
We are looking for an experienced, high-performing candidate to lead our global, product marketing team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this person will lead, grow and advance our team of product marketing professionals who are responsible for defining and educating the organization on the target market, buyer personas and journeys, establishing product positioning and messaging, driving product launches, and providing marketing support and sales enablement/training to help achieve our product growth goals. We are looking for someone who can bring our product marketing capabilities to the next level as we continue to mature our marketing organization and expand our portfolio of products.
Success in the role requires significant experience and a deep understanding of the product marketing discipline, strong team leadership and communication skills, a strategic mindset, and the ability to inspire and effectively collaborate with marketing, product management, engineering, sales and other customer-facing teams.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: Establish and evolve key objectives, strategies, and a product marketing execution framework that is consistent, repeatable and well understood across products, and aligns with product and business objectives.
- Measurement: Define and implement a method to consistently measure the impact and value of product marketing (e.g., engagement in training and usage of enablement materials) to drive change and continuous improvement.
- People Management: Hire, onboard, inspire, lead and develop a team of product marketing professionals who are engaged and deliver consistent, high quality work.
- Portfolio Marketing Management: Lead and drive product marketing activities that cross products and communicate a compelling but cohesive Jamf offering to the market. Perform product marketing manager duties when needed.
- Competitive Intelligence: Define and implement a competitive intelligence discipline that informs positioning, messaging, marketing campaign/program plans, sales enablement content and methods (e.g., bar setting, trap setting), and product priorities.
- Expertise & Continuous Learning: Build and maintain a strong understanding of Jamf products, the market, competitors, the Apple ecosystem, and the portfolio/product marketing discipline.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Inspire and build strong relationships with marketing, product management, marketing, sales/account management, engineering, customer support and other internal teams.
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to foster an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
- 10+ years of experience at a B2B technology company (required), preferably with a software company.
- 5+ years of direct experience in the product marketing discipline (required).
- 5+ years of experience in leading, managing and growing a high-performing team (required), preferably with global scope.
- Knowledge of the Apple ecosystem (preferred)
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to clearly articulate a range of information (e.g., positioning, messaging, competitive intel, technical info) in a straightforward and compelling manner
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills, including experience and comfort with public-speaking
- Track record of success driving outcomes across organizations with multiple stakeholders
- Strong prioritization, organizational and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with video editing tools (Camtasia, Screenflow, etc.) a plus
- Experience with Apple tools, including Keynote and Pages a plus
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related major (required)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- Pragmatic Marketing or similar product management/marketing framework certified (preferred)