Site Reliability Engineer II
Vertafore | Development | Denver, CO
We are looking for a talented technologist to assure high availability and stability of our Vertafore products. The successful candidate must have a can-do attitude and competency in delivering innovative and practical solutions to achieve our technology and business objectives. This position reports up to the Development organization.
- Subject Matter Expert on how the applications works, its underlying architecture, and data relationships.
- Address support escalations from Customer Support and IT Operations teams.
- Debug and correct application configurations, codes, database queries, and data to restore an incident.
- Collaborate with the product owner and product manager for any solutions that required non-operational development engagement.
- Peer review on code changes as required.
- Apply reverse engineering to troubleshoot on the issue.
- Automate support processes.
- Automate and maintain deployment pipelines.
- Deployment of hotfixes and ad hoc database changes to lower environments. Coordinate changes with IT Operations to production.
- Collaborate with IT Operations and development team to ensure proactive monitoring, high availability, and performance of products to achieve the best customer experience.
- Recommend and collaborate with others to innovate and implement solutions to optimize product and team performance.
- Take ownership of root cause analysis to resolve problems permanently.
- Create and maintain runbooks that outlined development support procedures.
- Participate or lead in assigned projects.
- Communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical teams.
- Comply with standard processes and security policies when implementing solutions.
- Be on call as required to respond to the emergency escalation that engagement of development needed.
- Mentor others as required.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or established professionals with relevant experience.
- 3+ years of similar working experience.
- Good grasp in Agile software development methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft .NET frameworks.
- Exposure in writing database queries on SQL Server or equivalent database platforms.
- Coding and scripting skills such as programming using C#, PowerShell, Python, or other relevant languages.
- Experience in navigating on Linux environment is preferred.
- Candidate without Linux experience must demonstrate a keen interest and self-motivated to pick up new technology.
- A fast learner and comfortable with fast tempo environment.
- A problem solver and ability to simplify complex issues.
- Skilled in creating runbook for support processes.
- Have a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Great team player and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Able to deliver the message effectively to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Able to comply with processes and procedures.
- Able to maintain professional composure in any situations.
- Exposure to ITIL framework highly desired.
- Flexible in working extended hours on occasions or as required.