IT Operations Team Lead
Lone Wolf Technologies | Information Technology | Fraser, MI
The IT Operations – Team Lead is primary responsible for the day-to-day operations of office technology (e-mail, PCs, printers, file servers) and the first tier support of Enterprise Systems such as Application and Database Servers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain SLA requirements (both internal and external)
- Monitor and manage specific KPI’s for performance and capacity
- Supervise IT Operations staff
- Implement best practices and written documentation
- Provide immediate and appropriate responses to emergency situations
- Must have a strong ability to communicate orally, in writing and by example.
- Oversee training of new employees and manage on-going training for existing employees.
- Represent IT Operations when coordinating efforts with other departments.
- Develop and update operational procedures on all systems.
- Troubleshoot and take a lead on technical issues
- Provide written reports of activities to address problems and the solutions to those issues
- Assess and coordinate the tasks and the workflows within IT Operations to ensure that the work is completed in a timely manner
- Assist in the training of new employees
- Perform special projects as needed
- After-hours work as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 – 8 years’ experience managing network and server support organizations
- 2-3 years managing a team with varying degrees of experience
- Experience in the SaaS industry
- ITIL Certification preferred
- Organization and time management skills
- Operation monitoring skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to document and record information
- Ability to work to a deadline on time sensitive issues
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple large projects
- Ability to effectively plan for and optimally manage resources
- Working knowledge of Linux/Solaris/Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with Postgres SQL and MS SQL
- NetApp, Nimble Storage, EMC platform experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English