Granicus | Software/Application Development | London, England
The Software Engineer role at Granicus is for developers growing their software engineering skills in a SaaS environment. Their key contributions are test-driven software that implements product-driven features within the Granicus product suite.
The Software Engineer is expected to contribute to the broader Granicus technology organization, both in the deployment and support of applications in higher environments and as a mentor to less experienced team members.
What you'll do:
- Perform all the essential functions of a Software Engineer
- Be a core maintainer of – and develop moderately complex features for – one or more applications in the Granicus product suite
- Be a go-to resource for support and operational issues within your area(s) of expertise
- Mentor less experienced team members
Who you are:
- Experience developing, testing, shipping, and supporting production-quality web applications
- Intermediate-level knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, and related web technologies
- Commitment to quality and the craft of software development
- Experience working with AWS would be beneficial
- Passion for learning new things
- Interest in being a part of an open, collaborative, distributed, and extraordinarily skilled software development team
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Attributes of a software engineer
A Software Engineer understands our processes, can execute stories independently and strives towards our values.
- Core maintainer of at least one app/area of large app
- Can explain the Granicus software development process (SDLC)
- Can identify whether the scrum process is being followed appropriately
- Ticket states
- Proper level of detail for stories and subtasks
- Tickets progressing through process as proscribed by scrum
- Develops deliverable units of acceptance from user stories/bug reports
- Can identify whether development team values are being followed
Attributes of a Granicus Engineering Team Member
- Interest in/experience with civic-minded processes and their improvement
- e.g., understands clerking, role of agendas in councils/boards, Robert's rules, email campaigns
- Comfortable working on a distributed team
- Comfortable working on a team with diverse skill levels and experience
- Hungry learner
- Willing mentor
- Good communicator
- Capable of appropriately engaging in constructive conflict
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.