Tier 2 Support Engineer
Tomia | Information Technology | Ra'anana, Central District
Tier 2 Support Engineer
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, Tomia serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit .
We are seeking a Product Support Engineer within our Roaming and Clearing team to join our Ra’anana office. The Product Support Engineer will provide support for GSM and advanced communications systems. To be successful in this role, you should be a very technical hands-on engineer in a fast-paced environment, comfortable working with customers remotely (Chat, Phone, Email etc.) as well as working closely with Project Managers and R&D developers on daily basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide our customers with excellent remote Technical Support service throughout the lifecycle of the product at the customer’s premises
- Installation, configuration, integration and troubleshooting of TOMIA roaming solutions
- Coordinating between various teams to customize solutions and deliver within agreed timeframe.
- Analysing complex service-related problems and recommending solutions accordingly.
- Ensure an excellent customer experience and high satisfaction for customers over both written and verbal communication platforms
- Provide as needed on call customer support for a 24x7 center
- 0-2 years of experience in an engineering position (IT, support, R&D)
- Some knowledge of OS – Linux
- Professional fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent phone skills
- Ability to interface cross-functionally within the organization
- Willingness to travel internationally, 0-10%
- Knowledge of Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of Database – ORACLE
- Knowledge of GSM [MAP Signaling], SS7
- Diameter Protocols (Gx, Gee)
- Familiar with GGSNs
- Client-facing experience
*All resumes must be submitted in English.