Director, Cloud Operations
PowerSchool | R&D | Bengaluru, Karnataka
The Cloud Operations team works in a growing and fast-paced environment managing multiple hosting platforms for a market leading education software company headquartered in United States. The Cloud Operations team manages and all facets of hosting infrastructure and software as a service (SaaS), across a multitude of cloud platforms including AWS, Azure and Rackspace. Cloud Operations is a group of collaborative and dynamic team of individuals, spread across multiple time zones, managing 30 applications for over 10 million students globally.
Our 24x7x365 Operations Center is setup in Bangalore which provides eyes-on-glass monitoring, alerting, rapid issue resolution, and new code deployment to suit our requirements on availability and high performance of various cloud-based applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to 4 Operation Center’s managers and help execute organization’s 24x7 vision
- Implement uniform best practices for Operations and improve availability of all cloud-based applications
- Matrix management of all staff within the Operations Center and drive productivity
- Identify Operations staff development needs and implement a plan to grow and/or train staff in applicable skillsets, specializations and certifications as necessary
- Implement a 24x7 operational model based on ITIL best practices including Incident Management, Service Requests Fulfillment, Monitoring and Release/Deployment Management
- Accountable for the implementation of application and infrastructure monitoring, incident management and change management workflows, and backup and recovery plans for our cloud-based SaaS products.
- Accountable for executing on the vision of 80% issue resolution rate from the Operations Center
- Interface with our internal & external stake holders e.g., Technical Support team, Engineering, and other onshore and offshore teams to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction
- Measure and report progress against performance and improvement objectives
- Implement strategy to improve first time fix rate by 30% during first year
- Evolve infrastructure,support, and deployment strategies to enable our goal of 99.9% up time and quick turnaround of product deployments
- Continuously improve the Operations Center team’s performance and capabilities.
- Collaborate with the engineering, Service, and Support teams to improve software delivery, configuration, monitoring and operation.
- Implement information security best practices for the environments under the control of Operations Center team
- Identify areas of opportunities and improve processes to exceed pre-defined SLA obligations
- Partner with USA based Cloud Operations team to improve operational strategies
- Maintain and improve Cloud Operations’ Change Management process
- Performs any HR related tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years technical management
- 5+ years managing infrastructure/application support in a public cloud environment
- Minimum 5 years of exposure to managing use of SaaS and/or IaaS services to best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technologies required
- Master’s degree in business or technology a preferred
- A rich set of experience across application support, Service Request fulfillment and release management tools and best practices
- Experience with Infrastructure security, Automation and Application management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical mindset with great problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, and team-oriented environment
- Excellent ability to organize and manage competing priorities