Executive Advisor - Identity Access Management
Ping Identity | Executive (9130) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity Expert Advisory is seeking an Executive Advisor. Ping Identity Expert Advisory is a small team of industry and domain “experts” with extensive experience in managing, designing and leading the identity-centric strategy across either corporate roles or consulting roles. Ping Identity customers and potential customers are constantly in search of strategic advisement on identity related issues and challenges that are broad, require multiple solutions and that need the guidance of experts who can navigate not just the technical complications of a single-solution implementation; but the broader ranging series of choices necessary to achieve true digital transformation.
Ping Identity Expert Advisory is a source for advisory consulting, experience-based guidance and a deep bench of knowledge of industry trends, solution evolution and the ever-expanding obligations related to secure workforce, partner and customer identity control. The term “expert” does not infer the capabilities of a single person on this team. Instead, it references the ability of the Executive Advisor to bring multiple resources (internal and external to both Ping Identity and the client) together, and combine those ingredients with their own experience to resolve challenging strategic problems and resolve difficult industry or security related use-cases. The focus of Ping Identity Expert Advisory is the long-term relationship with the client, working hard to help those clients achieve success across the entire obligation spectrum for identity controls (NIST, ISO, SOX, etc.).
Ideal candidates for this role will have functioned as an identity control leader (Global Head, ED/MD, SVP) preferably within a regulated industry vertical such as banking, insurance, health care or pharmaceuticals. Or, the ideal candidate may have served as a deep domain expert in identity-centric security as an executive level consultant. Candidates with experience in other security domains as well as a career progression that may include having served as a CISO, CIO, head of technology or other senior executive IT roles will be given strong consideration. A thorough understanding of technical components as well as business processes within the identity function is necessary; candidates unable to satisfy both the technical experience and the business experience requirements will not be a natural fit for this opportunity. Candidates should also have exemplary presentation skills with the ability to convey complex information security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences; not just within the client population but as a keynote presenter at industry functions around the county. This is a remote position.
This can be a field-based role.
- Expert Advisory
- Serve as trusted advisor to increase Ping Identity’s presence at the security executive level for marquee and enterprise accounts
- Assist client security executives in the planning, creation and execution of their identity-centric security strategies
- Be an internal advisory resource for Ping Identity sales, customer enablement, product development and professional services
- Initiate and engage other Ping Identity subject matter experts in support of client’s needs and questions
- Pre-Sales Engagement
- Provide support in the form of strategic advisory sessions, RFP/RFQ response and value-add pre-sales engagement that could include (but is not limited to)
- Identity strategy assessments
- Risk management, compliance initiatives and identity-control effectiveness assessments
- Implementation staging and planning
- Sales and Marketing Alignment
- Align with Sales team strategies and support them in closing and exceeding their sales quotas
- Develop services partnerships with key partners to support and augment internal professional services capabilities
- Identify pre-engagement requirements, risks and challenges to support sales in the successful retention and acquisition of clients
- Leverage personal network to increase exposure for Ping Identity and help drive additional opportunities and revenue
- Assist sales teams in understanding senior executive buyer personas (CEOs, CISOs, CIOs, etc) as well as current issues/trends and effective positioning with senior executives to sell identity solutions
- Provide customer feedback and observations to sales, marketing, and product management
- Market Engagement
- Create and publish thought leadership content (magazine articles, blogs, presentations, etc.) in support of security executive interests, missions and other relevant topics
- Host customer, client, partner and industry roundtable events across multiple regions and countries
- Secure non-funded speaking engagements at conferences that span industries outside of the security solutions space
- Be one of the public faces of Ping Identity
Anticipated work responsibilities will be approximately 30% presales/sales related, 30% product management related and 40% market facing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience:
- Functioning as a senior executive in a large enterprise environment leading key security initiatives and programs
- Functioning as a high-performing consultant focused on strategic advisory consulting to the security executive suite
- Passionate about identity
- Strong knowledge of all security domains as well as information and technology risk management
- Strong knowledge of the cyber threat landscape and hacker tactics
- Experience conducting research
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and ability to conduct presentations to technical and non-technical groups
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
- Ability to travel at least 80 percent within assigned region
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Experience
- Prior experience in an identity-centric security executive role
- An interest in, and appreciation for, recognizing the necessity and value of this role relative to the sales function
- Senior executive experience in an additional security domain or IT function (CISO, VP, Director, etc.) is highly desirable
- Vertical specific expertise as it relates to identity control within banking, healthcare, insurance, pharmaceuticals or federal government
- Prior recognition as a published writer and/or speaker in the identity security and control space
- Demonstrated sales skills and achievement of quota driven results