Entry Level Software Production Engineer
Tomia | Product Development | Vienna, VA
Entry Level Software Production Engineer - Vienna, VA
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, TOMIA serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit www.tomiaglobal.com.
Summary The Production Engineer (PE) position has a responsibility for correct operation of our customers staging and production systems. In this role the PE will act as an Engineer to provide analysis and resolution of customer tickets relating to the core iXTools (software) platform (.NET), database, IIS, and operating systems. The PE works to resolve tickets as they are assigned by the Support Managers. This position reports to the Manager\Director of Production Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Apply patches to customer environments.
- Work to resolve assigned tickets.
- Politely interact directly with end users.
- Document ticket resolution for future reference.
- Search available documentation to resolve tickets.
- Investigate application and system configuration.
- Perform simple database queries to research issues.
- Escalate tickets to the appropriate teams.
- Conform to the daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements for PE’s.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- SQL Server knowledge or any other RDBMS.
- Writing the SQL Queries to access the data from the databases.
- Knowledge\ Experience in SQL Server profiler for performance tuning.
- Knowledge\ Experience in IIS (Internet Information Services).
- Knowledge\ Experience in Windows and Unix Server environments.
- Understanding of OS\network\firewalls is plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- 0-2 years’ managing SQL Server based applications.
- 0-2 years’ experience performing end user support.
- Comfortable using Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or another related field is required.