Implementation Consultant (Entry Level)
Vertafore | Professional Services | Denver, CO
Vertafore Professional Services Organization is looking for dynamic and passionate people to join our team! As a new Implementation Consultant, you will develop market leading skills that will launch your career growth aligned with your professional aspirations.
Vertafore Implementation Consultants succeed in meeting customer needs and solving problems with technology solutions. This role is part of a highly effective, fast-paced team who serve as the hub to deploy and execute system conversions as well as maintain over 150 different servers. They are trusted advisors combining project management, configuration, data conversion, training, and business expertise to guide our customers through the process of software implementation and achieve customer success.
Implementation Consultants start their journey with a cohort of colleagues that undergo robust training and with the opportunity to work across multiple Vertafore products and competencies. This is a hands-on position requiring strong technical acumen and non-standard hours. This role will execute data conversions and system migration deployments to production environments. They will manage a queue of ticketing requests and will thrive on completing each request accurately and timely.
If you want to solve difficult problems for industry leading companies in a wealthy market segment, then this is the job for you. You will be part of a strong Professional Services team that is here to support a career path that is aligned with your professional aspirations.
You will start your career in our Denver Delivery Center building skills and working in our high volume, SaaS based implementation practice. As you develop deeper industry, business, & competency expertise you will have the opportunity to grow into our enterprise implementation practices leading very large and complex customer engagements.
The right candidate will thrive on making everyone around them better, enthusiastically meet goals, and are motivated by team accomplishment over individual accolades.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Assist and guide customers through the conversion process to convert their source data to a Vertafore system
- Assist Analysts and Project Managers with program/conversion issues troubleshooting and resolution and delegate to other developers as needed
- Perform product installs and upgrades; database migrations and upgrades in production
- Assist and direct customers in performing data translations and mappings
- Document all discussions, issues and solutions to problems involving the customer in the customer relationship management system
- Research/diagnose problems for prompt resolution to time sensitive issues
- Perform quality assurance on all converted data for accuracy from application functionality perspective
- Become a subject matter expert with our products, methodology, and P&C business operations
- Work within and across teams implementing Vertafore products and delivering Professional Services
- Communicate project deliverables at all levels, and make sure items are executed on time, to budget, with high quality
- Provide complete and concise internal reporting for all engagements
- Commit to improve existing skills, and develop new skills on an ongoing basis
- Requires occasional weekend and after-hours availability for client support and conversion assistance
- Lead workshops with client stakeholders to explain and decide upon key data conversion options and translations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Additional Requirements and Details:
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.