General Manager (GM, Fitness)
MINDBODY | Product Development
Who we are:
MINDBODY is the global leader of cloud-based business management software targeted to the wellness and beauty industries. From our CEO’s garage to ever-expanding offices around the world, MINDBODY has grown rapidly since its founding in 2001. Knowing that technology never stands still, MINDBODY is continuously evolving and is committed to hiring talented, passionate people to join our wellness revolution.
We Live By Our Core Values: Committed to Wellness: Mind, Body & Spirit
- Embracing all dimensions of wellness: physical, intellectual, emotional, social, environmental, occupational, and spiritual.
- Loving what we do and doing what we love.
- Aware that we must take care of ourselves today, so that we may serve others tomorrow.
- Striving for lives that balance responsibilities, relationships, recreation, and rest.
This position is located at our Corporate headquarters in San Luis Obispo, CA where you can get to the beach or a take a mountain hike all within 30 minutes from just about anywhere you live. San Luis Obispo is about half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco on the beautiful Central Coast of California.
The General Manager, Fitness is responsible for developing and executing against a multi-year product roadmap for MINDBODY's Fitness customer segment. They develop world-class Product, Engineering, and GTM teams that take big ideas and bring them to fruition to the benefit of our customers.
- Experience managing large Engineering and Product Managment teams
- Proven history of driving successful product launches and fostering a culture of innovation
- Previous experience developing strategy and owning road mapping and e2e execution
- 15+ years related experience, training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience solving complex problems and using data to drive critical decisions.
- Has demonstrated the ability to make tradeoffs to effectively manage budgets and resources for success. Was previously in a position where he/she owned a budget.
- Experience managing large organizations of 70+ team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets multi-year strategy and objectives for the Fitness customer segment
- Defines long-range goals, drives roadmap to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Reviews activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Determines and implements effective organizational design for best use of resources, and business effectiveness.
- Assesses talent and drives development initiatives.
- Shapes company values and culture by consistently communication and exemplifying them.
- Manages through multiple layers of managers.
- Designs solutions focused on improving the customer experience.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- All other duties as assigned