MINDBODY | Product Development
JOB TITLE: Senior Product Manager
JOB FUNCTION: Product Development
JOB FAMILY: PD - Product Management
REPORTS TO: Enter title of direct manager
DATE UPDATED: 5/17/2018
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Focuses on development processes and mentoring the Scrum teams while removing impediments, planning releases and sprints, shielding the team from external sources, facilitating meetings and ensuring clear communication.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for overseeing a key strategic area of MINDBODY’s core software product. They may be responsible for overseeing and managing 2-4 more junior product managers to bring strategic products to market while obtaining key business objectives. This role is responsible for overseeing and running scrum teams in charge of large strategic projects. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining a backlog of work for each product manager, creating business plans based on market research and data analysis, and pitching these product ideas to senior management. The Senior Product Manager will be required to work cross functionally between the UX Design and Research, Product Managers and Engineering teams to support the product vision and achieve strategic business objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology or technical related field
- MBA or other graduate-level degree (preferred)
- 5+ years working as a Product Manager in a top-tier technology company
- 10+ years as a Product Manager in a top-tier technology company (preferred)
- 2 + years managing and mentoring other product managers
- 5+ years managing and mentoring other product managers (preferred)
- Certifications such as Scrum Master or PMP (preferred)
- Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to roll up your sleeves and try different things with minimal direction
- 5+ years’ product management experience in a successful SaaS organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing and releasing complex SaaS products
- Intimate knowledge of key Product Management Principles, Agile Scrum and UX Centered Design principles
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills both written and oral
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating with Sr. Leaders and Executives
- Proven ability to build strong cross functional relationships
- Possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, the drive to make that vision a reality, and technically credible to lead teams of world-class software developers
- Loves and understands technology. Stays up to day on competition and disruptors in the market
- Is organized, and can plan, forecast and manage a product backlog
- Possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy. Technically credible to lead teams of world-class software developers
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influence multiple individuals, groups, and cross-functional relationships
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate and work with stakeholders across the organization
- Experience handling enterprise-level clients/customers (preferred)
- Track record driving and delivering large, complicated projects on time and within scope (preferred)
- Demonstrated technical software abilities and insight (preferred)
- Subject matter expertise in many different technology markets (preferred)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works directly with direct reports to drive product development from conceptualization through launch - creating actionable plans, work streams, tactics and deliver on those in support of business KPI’s
- Product manager for one or more product development teams
- Manages other product managers towards execution of the product roadmap
- Formulates complex business plans, analyzes the current competitive landscape, focuses on ROI and puts together a strategic product roadmap and pitch to the senior leaders in the company
- Manages the product roadmap for your strategic area, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders
- Can operate under limited supervision is provided as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently
- Works with product marketing, design, engineering, project management, etc. to successfully deliver products to market
- Leverages data/analytics to make tactical and strategic product decisions
- Demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups
- Cultivates a deep understanding of the customer and work tirelessly to identify new opportunities to improve their experience
- Identifies unmet market needs that leverage MINDBODY technologies, strengths and market leadership
- Produces and manages usability studies, product metrics, competitive, customer and market analysis into product requirements to identify new opportunities
- Strives to be a subject matter expert in their strategic focus area(s) by identifying the challenges our customers’ face and defines new opportunities to improve our customers’ experience
- Builds business cases that satisfy significant market needs and revenue opportunities, is able and willing pitch business cases to senior management and elaborate on the “what” and “why”
- Controls scope of large projects
- Removes business related roadblocks to ensure success product delivery on time and within scope
- Gathers customer feedback to determine future iterations; Compares planned success metrics to actuals and ladders up product performance
- Works closely with product marketing, sales, and marketing teams to build go-to-market plans as well as pricing, sales, and marketing strategy
- Is focused on creating the best possible user experience while also managing ROI
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Often responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers. Will receive training and guidance from manager as needed. Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position. No direct management responsibility.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the job requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this job description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description. Nothing contained in this job description is intended to nor does it create a contract of employment for any specific duration.
Team Member Signature: ________________________________________ Date: _______________
Team Member Name: ___________________________________________