Advanced | IT Services
A leading name in the IT Infrastructure Management market, Advanced IT Services is a £50m business servicing the long-term technology requirements of a diverse group of customers. Delivering services that sit across Hybrid Cloud Management (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, Public & Private), Networking & Security, Azure, Office 365, PowerBI and Dynamics CRM, our expertise centres around the delivery key transformational services for our customers, including London City Airport, St Andrews Healthcare & PRS.
We are part of Advanced, the UK’s largest privately held technology and software business, turning over in excess of £240m, with more than 2,300 staff servicing over 19,000 customers across the UK.
We are now seeking a Technical Director to own and drive our Technical, product and go-to-market strategies. You’ll work directly with customers, suppliers, partners and other stakeholders to ensure Advanced continues to build the tools and organisational capability to deliver services in line with constantly evolving market and customer requirements.
What you will be doing
As a key part of our leadership team, the successful candidate will:
• Own our over-arching technical strategy, ensuring our key product and service propositions, and ensuring alignment with current and emerging market requirements
• Lead the strategic development of technical direction within our customer groups, ensuring the delivery of robust, technically appropriate and forward-looking customer journeys, in line with known and anticipated market developments
• Lead our pre-sales & solution architecture teams and our product development partnerships, ensuring the development and adoption of relevant design and proposal process, and developing a systematic approaches to drive quality outputs.
• Develop the detail and quality of design and documentation standards across the function
• Respond to RFPs and complex tender process
• Play a hands-on role in the completion of customer design work, helping to drive a constant uplift in the quality of the pre-sales and solution architecture output
• Develop and rationalise commercial/pricing models and concepts, ensuring that solutions are priced competitively.
What you will be good at:
An established leader within the Managed Services space, you’ll demonstrate skills in:
• Understanding and translating technical and market developments into robust, deliverable managed services
• Leading and engaging a team of highly skilled technical specialists, driving engagement with strategic technical plans
• Leading customer businesses through IT transformation, supporting the customer journey from legacy technology to modern infrastructure, whilst clearly articulating migration paths
• Developing and driving standards and governance around technical solution design
• Evangelising product and services within the IT infrastructure and managed services space
What you will bring:
• You will have an established track-record within the IT Managed Services space, having previously worked in leadership roles within the sector
• You’ll have deep technical knowledge around all aspects of modern IT infrastructure and systems including Hybrid Cloud Management (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, Public & Private), Networking & Security, Microsoft, Azure, O365, PowerBI, Dynamics CRM
• Knowledge of technologies such as Kubernetes, Terraform
• Experience with Agile methodologies & principles & application of DevOps working practices
• A pragmatic and passionate approach, with an interest in actively driving positive change
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
• Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
• Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
• Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
• Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
• Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
• Life insurance x 4 times salary
• Income protection insurance