MINDBODY | Product Development
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Works with developers and business application users to develop comprehensive test plans and detailed test cases, including the use of automation, performance and test management tools. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
The Quality Assurance Engineer I is responsible for testing MINDBODY applications, diagnosing problems and reporting bugs. The Quality Assurance Engineer I works under close supervision of the project’s lead.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and own test plans and test cases for complex projects across multiple technology platforms
• Create thorough defect reports with detailed descriptions and reproduction steps
• Troubleshoot defects in code, and accurately pinpoint origin of errors
• Execute manual and automated tests for regression testing and for new features being developed
• Read and modify code within automated tests suites
• Reproduce and validate potential defects for new and legacy functionality across environments
• Create test cases and data to facilitate accurate and predictable test results
• Write simple SQL queries to facilitate own testing efforts
• Participate in SDLC practices as part of a project
• Collaborate with team members to estimate level of effort of own tasks
• Support in the creation and maintenance of project documentation
• Support in the creation of software tools to facilitate testing
• Communicate project status and testing efforts to team and other stakeholders
• Monitor and maintain continuous integration servers to address errors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
• Basic understanding of best practices in software testing, test planning, test case writing and defect writing
• Knowledge of Swift • Basic understanding of SDLC development processes
• Basic understanding of writing code in OOP languages (C#/Java/Objective-C/Swift)
• Basic understanding of SQL and relational databases (T-SQL, MySQL)
• Basic understanding of best practices for executing/troubleshooting automated tests
• Hands-on experience working with colleagues to communicate status of own tasks
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Basic understanding of API testing tools (Postman, SoapUI, Advanced REST Client)
• Basic understanding of large-scale analytics platforms (New Relic, Splunk, PRTG)
• Basic understanding of browser development tools (Chrome DevTools, Firefox Developer Tools)
• Basic understanding of continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis CI, TFS)
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.