MINDBODY | Product Development
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer III
JOB FUNCTION: Product Development
JOB FAMILY: PD - Software Architecture
REPORTS TO: Manager, Software Engineering
DATE UPDATED: 5/23/2018
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Software Engineers work in the MINDBODY software development life cycle, including specification, design, and implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. Software Engineers are responsible for their own code and bugs.
The Software Engineer III designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software applications for our core product. This includes developing software components including Frameworks, APIs, Websites, Utilities, Databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design when applicable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of industry experience in programming web applications, mobile and/or large-scale enterprise products.
- Knowledge of C#, ASP, .NET, MVC.
- Knowledge of AWS, SQL CI/CD
- Experience with XML, ADO/ADO.NET, LINQ, AJAX, IIS.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience in TFS and Visual Studio.
- Familiar with SDLC and programming design patterns.
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- Skillful at reviewing new feature impact on an application and recognizing potential risks.
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude.
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Effective time management skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a self-directed, key contributor to code development on features and bugs to produce successful team sprints.
- Makes implementation design decisions around new feature components.
- Produces contingency plans for critical projects.
- Analyzes technical requirements with the team to gauge level of effort.
- Breaks down complex projects and delegates work to junior engineers.
- Carefully analyzes design specifications before coding to understand effort levels required.
- Creates technical documentation for new features that can be easily understood by peers.
- Writes and executes tests, including creating comprehensive unit tests.
- Performs peer code reviews to ensure quality of the codebase.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies.
- Ensures designs and projects created comply with design library guidelines, internal best practices, and coding conventions when applicable.
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Often responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers. Will receive training and guidance from manager as needed. Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position. No direct management responsibility.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the job requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this job description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description. Nothing contained in this job description is intended to nor does it create a contract of employment for any specific duration.
Team Member Signature: ________________________________________ Date: _______________
Team Member Name: ___________________________________________