Automation Engineer - QTP / UFT
Mediaocean | Global Agency Systems
Automation Engineer (QTP)
Who We Are:
Mediaocean is the world’s largest, independent advertising technology company. Our clients include the most successful advertising agencies, media specialists, media owners, and advertisers. Mediaocean’s mission is to enable advertising agencies to leverage the power of technology in a rapidly changing digital landscape. Mediaocean is making this a reality through the creation of global, open and neutral operating systems that will benefit and transform the entire industry.
What You Will Do:
It is an individual contributor role in which we are looking for a highly capable Automation Engineer who can work with Product Managers, Team Leads, Developers, QA and Business Analysts to understand features and technical implementation.
• Works with Team Lead, Peers to understand features and technical implementation of automation framework.
· During the development cycle, the manual QA Engineer identifies use cases and creates test plans, defines test strategies and creates test cases to validate software design via manual tests; Out of these tests, automable needs to be single out for automation development
· Able to build best possible automation solution which fulfils product needs
· Able to execute/maintain automated test cases as and when needed.
· Understands the product functionality well.
· The automation QA team will work with cross-functional teams across the platform to resolve and validate any issues uncovered during the release test cycle. Complete software lifecycle involvement from initial specification development through release and implementation. And has good understanding of test life cycle
· POC for new features and products.
Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
Who You Are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (BE, BTech, MCA)
• 2-5 years’ experience as a software test engineer or software QA engineer involving automation of test cases using UFT/QTP.
Have adequate knowledge of any database (e.g. mysql, oracle, MS SQL) to write SQL for database validations .
· Experience of testing Windows and Web based applications
· Is a good team player
· Good Communication skills/ should be able to work independently
· Knowledge of JIRA and any versioning tool e.g svn, vss
- Should have knowledge on CI tool (Preferably Jenkins) and agile process