Senior .NET Developer
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Sioux Falls, SD
The Senior .NET Developer acts as a software engineer, and is responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing applications, troubleshooting, and resolving defects in an agile team environment. This role conducts complex work with limited supervision and a wide latitude for independent judgment. The Software Engineer must demonstrate advanced technical proficiency in his/her personal work as well as contribute to the team’s continued success by increasing his/her technical knowledge. This is sometimes a customer facing role, and the Software Engineer will communicate professionally and positively with CentralSquare clients.
· Reviews user stories, designs and implements the features, develops application prototypes, participates in design and code reviews, and programs (including unit testing).
· Develops new enhancements to products in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes participating in backlog grooming of requirements, design, and development.
· Provides maintenance on existing code for products in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes minor product changes and defect repairs.
· Participates in Lean-Agile activities including back-log and sprint planning, stakeholder reviews, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
· Understands product architecture design, assisting the Software Architects as necessary.
· Plays a role in design and code reviews for products throughout the CentralSquare suite of applications.
· Participates in creating and maintaining department standards for software development best practices.
· Able to continually pass background check requirements for working on and connecting to public safety information systems.
We’re looking for someone with:
· AS / BS / MS / Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Experience with object-oriented programming languages
· Some familiarity AWS cloud knowledge
· Experience with SQL and experience with at least one RDBMS
· Very strong analytical and coding skills
· Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to work out of our Sioux Falls office
Also a plus:
· Experienced with C# .NET Core
· Experienced in distributed cloud architecture
· Experienced with Xamarin framework and mobile programming
· Experienced with AWS or other cloud environment
· Experienced with PostgreSQL
· Experienced with Linux
· Experienced with command line interfaces
· Involved in the local developer community (Meetup, Code Camp, etc.)