Senior .NET Developer
CentralSquare Technologies | Development
The Senior .NET Developer acts as a software engineer, and isresponsible for enhancing and maintaining existing applications,troubleshooting, and resolving defects in an agile team environment. This role conductscomplex work with limited supervision and a wide latitude for independentjudgment. The Software Engineer must demonstrate advanced technical proficiencyin his/her personal work as well as contribute to the team’s continued successby increasing his/her technical knowledge. This is sometimes a customer facingrole, and the Software Engineer will communicate professionally and positivelywith CentralSquare clients.
· Reviews user stories, designs and implements thefeatures, develops application prototypes, participates in design and codereviews, and programs (including unit testing).
· Develops new enhancements to products in theCentralSquare suite of applications. This includes participating in backloggrooming of requirements, design, and development.
· Provides maintenance on existing code forproducts in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes minorproduct changes and defect repairs.
· Participates in Lean-Agile activities includingback-log and sprint planning, stakeholder reviews, daily stand-ups, andretrospectives.
· Understands product architecture design,assisting the Software Architects as necessary.
· Plays a role in design and code reviews forproducts throughout the CentralSquare suite of applications.
· Participates in creating and maintainingdepartment standards for software development best practices.
· Able to continually pass background checkrequirements for working on and connecting to public safety informationsystems.
We’re looking for someone with:
· AS / BS / MS / Ph.D. in Computer Science orequivalent experience
· Experience with object-oriented programminglanguages
· Some familiarity AWS cloud knowledge
· Experience with SQL and experience with at leastone RDBMS
· Very strong analytical and coding skills
· Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
· Excellent verbal and written communicationskills
· Able to work out of our Sioux Falls office
Also a plus:
· Experienced with C# .NET Core
· Experienced in distributed cloud architecture
· Experienced with Xamarin framework and mobileprogramming
· Experienced with AWS or other cloud environment
· Experienced with PostgreSQL
· Experienced with Linux
· Experienced with command line interfaces
· Involved in the local developer community(Meetup, Code Camp, etc.)