Jamf | 300 - Engineering
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. Jamf is looking for front end experts to help us build and deliver the next generation user experience for Jamf Pro. The Front-End Developer is a key role within the presentation team, responsible for the web-based front end to the Jamf Pro application.
In this role, you’ll use your expert skills to help bring a cutting-edge user experience to Jamf Pro users. You will help us create, maintain and continually improve products that help our customers find success with the Apple platform. You will be a key component in Jamf remaining the best of breed in end point management of Apple devices. An ideal candidate will have Component-Based framework knowledge.
Jamf is a fast-paced environment. Successful team members are adaptable to the change that is a part of software development. Our goal at Jamf is to ship the highest quality product to solve our customer's problems.
- Exercises good UX and UI practices
- Implements design systems and UX Patterns
- Creates, improves and maintains software components utilizing modern TypeScript code standards while applying the necessary engineering theory and logic to meet overall project requirements.
- Contributes effectively in agile events
- Contributes ideas about how to enhance software architecture
- Shares knowledge with other team members
- Assists others in owned components and other fundamental expertise areas
- Assists in the coordination of component changes with related elements to ensure seamless flow and continuity
- Improves and refactors legacy code into web-components
- Incorporates Web Accessibility Standards into products
- Designs component internal elements distinguishing public and private interfaces
- Takes responsibility for helping the team deliver working software
- Applies appropriate testing techniques to product validating assumptions and resolve data conflicts
- Builds a deep understanding of workflows that make JAMF customers successful and applies that knowledge to ensuring the quality of each release
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2 – 4 Years’ experience developing enterprise grade software in a team context with understanding of testing and quality assurance processes. (Required)
- Demonstrable experience developing complex (commercial) web applications using AngularJS or Angular (Required)
- Front-end automation knowledge and experience, ideally using Protractor (Preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results-driven culture
- Good listening skills
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Demonstrable desire to continue learning and mastering your craft
- Solution focused ability working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable understanding that testing and quality are a part of everyone’s job
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- Ability to grow in your professional career through advancement opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for those obtaining a degree.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- We are relentless, but we are selfless. You can create and be creative, dig in, break it down, and troubleshoot to help others make sense of technology.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.