Customer Success Operations Manager
Ping Identity | Client Delivery (6400) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Manager of Customer Success Operations (CSOM) will support the Customer Success organization by building and optimizing team lifecycle management processes, systems and tools, and enablement strategy and methods. This high visibility role is vital to the Customer Success (CS) organization’s strategy to drive successful engagement for our customers. The CSOM will define programs that will be scaled across Ping’s customer base, ensuring that customers can leverage the full functionality of the Ping platform.
The Customer Success Operations Manager is responsible for building the infrastructure that scales and supports the Ping Customer Success Organization and enables it to realize corporate goals/metrics. This role will collaborate with cross-functional teams to further operationalize CS engagements, educate and train Ping Customer Success Managers, and lead change through tools, processes and collateral. The CSOM will also represent the Customer Success team in projects led by other teams, such as new product launches.
The CSOM will keep the Customer Success organization in sync and working collaboratively together as a team. The CSOM will apply their experience and aptitude to assist Customer Success Managers in providing value to Ping external customers.
- Engage with Customer Success Managers, Sales Leadership, and CS Leadership to understand Ping client’s pressures, pain points, and needs.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to better align organizational strategies, identify potential programs, and execute on the top priorities.
- Conduct CS Program Training -- build new hire ramp plans and develop program for ongoing learning
- Build collateral for CS to share with customers in regular interactions and playbooks for engaging customers
- Drive process standardization and quality improvements across CS team
- Gather and roll-up customer feedback to leaders across the organization
- Represent the Customer Success team in cross-functional efforts
- Leverage Gainsight and current/future technology to help increase collaboration and decrease silos across account teams
- Advise on content and workflows for the 1:Many programs, managing their creation as needed
- Measure customer adoption rates and other leading indicators to assess effectiveness of programs through data-driven insights
- Work closely and collaborate cross-functionally to enable adoption of CS team and overall customer success
- May manage a group of Customer Success Managers in the 1:Many programs
- Based in Ping’s headquarters in Denver, CO
- 3+ years in a Customer Success or Operations role
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and managing change across stakeholders
- Quickly learns business processes and pains/opportunities for various stakeholder groups
- Strong skills in end-to-end process implementation: from identifying a problem, conducting analysis, messaging the challenge, getting buy-in, and delivering a solution with measurable impact
- Familiarity with Customer Success software (such as Gainsight) and with Salesforce.com
- Exposure to Customer Success best practices through networking, participation in industry events, etc.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and through formal presentations
- Familiarity with Ping Identity solutions is preferred