Entry Level Infrastructure Engineer
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Castleford, England
What you will be doing
Based in our Castleford office, our Infrastructure Support team provide a key role to our business. The team maintain our hosted environment, monitoring alerts and taking appropriate action to ensure any incidents or problems are resolved in a timely manner. As an Entry Level Infrastructure Engineer, you will become an integral part of this team responsible for maintaining a continuity of service to over 10000 DOCMAN hosted client sites.
- Perform maintenance tasks on the infrastructure through change control
- Triage monitoring alerts and perform appropriate action.
- Maintain monitoring components in line with infrastructure developments.
- Participate in the out of hours on call rota.
- Maintain AV and Windows updates in line with provider recommendations
- Quickly and accurately assess impact of incidents, initiate return to service and ensure follow up actions are completed post incident to prevent re-occurrence.
- Review capacity / performance management graphs daily to ensure service remains stable.
- Managing and liaising with third parties.
- Create and maintain accurate including but not exclusive to process run-books, records and designs.
- Identify trends and problems and plan changes promote improve stability and performance.
- Keep updated on new technologies and how these interact with current and future product iterations
- Assesses Service Improvement considerations for the SaaS environment(s)
- Demonstrate constructive engagement with the team wider organisation
- Develop personal knowledge through study/research toward vocational certifications in relevant technologies/vendors.
- Cascade knowledge through knowledge articles for the team and wider organisation.
- Achieve zero data loss on hosted environments
- Carry out regular contractually agreed governance and tests e.g. DR and failover
What you will be good at
- You will have a good basic understanding of IT infrastructure
- A good problem solve
- To work accurately with a high attention to detail
- Well organised, with the ability to work proactively in a team, in a busy environment
What we would like to have (desirable not mandatory)
- Windows Server Admin experience (2012R2/2016)
- Experience of automation scripting tools and techniques (Powershell)
- Experience of the administering firewalls and networking
- Experience of the administering load balancers, e.g Citrix Netscaler
- Experience with MySQL Database administration
- Experience of using monitoring systems
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!