Sr. Manager, Cloud Operations
EagleView | Engineering & IT | Bellevue, WA
We are current looking for a Sr. Manager, Cloud Operations to join the Eagleview Engineering organization, reporting to the Director of Cloud Engineering. As a leader in the organization you will be responsible for managing a team of highly skilled DevOps/CloudOps Engineers developing and operating EagleView’s distributed processing platform. You are able to take advantage of your experience in the cloud in order to lead and provide guidance to your team as well as the engineering teams as they continue to create new applications and services. This includes driving forward with the adoption of cloud native services, application of distributed processing design patterns, and the implementation of fully automated CI/CD pipelines. You will also lead your organization in the development and configuration of services to improve the operational stability and observability of EagleView’s systems and software.
Our ideal candidate is one who is passionate about their career and has proven success with what they do. As a member of an agile team, you’ll participate in all aspects of software development lifecycle. You must be able to work well in a highly collaborative setting and have the mindset for finding creative and innovative solutions to the complex challenges facing EagleView’s Cloud Infrastructure team. The person hired will have the opportunity to work closely with Operations and Development teams building and maintaining a scalable computing system.
- Hiring and building a highly technical, high-functioning team of CloudOps/DevOps Engineers
- Develop a team that maintains a cloud-based distributed computing system that leverages the scalability of the cloud to support our productions systems and our R&D teams
- Assist with the application of best practices around CI/CD processes in the cloud including provisioning through IaC, and container orchestration.
- Guide and oversee the implementation of solutions to help support and provide insight into the operational status and efficiency of EagleView systems.
- Focus on Operations Excellence, building tools and capabilities that the Development teams leverage to maintain high levels of performance, scalability, security and availability
- Manage communications and expectations with stakeholders
- Provide training and mentoring to CloudOps team members as well as to Development teams
- Stay up-to-date with current technology trends.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish strong cross-organizational partnerships
- Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering.
- 8+ years leading teams developing and maintaining distributed applications.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- At least 2 year of experience with container-based development and orchestration platforms. (Kubernetes, ECS, Docker Swarm)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and development patterns associated.
- Understand Agile and Kanban workload/workforce management
- Familiarity with common large-scale data storage systems and data warehouses. (Hadoop, S3, Azure Block Storage, Redshift etc.)
- Object oriented programming experience (C++, Python, Java) with good software development practices
- Fluency in Linux operating systems
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.