SW Engineer I
Vertafore | Development
Vertafore has transformed the insurance industry through software solutions for the whole market… and we are looking to do it again. As a Software Engineer I, you will be working within an energetic agile team implementing solutions that support a wide range of customers. We have a number of large scale enterprise greenfield development opportunities. If you love technology, have a passion for software, are hungry to learn, and are driven to contribute to a world-class team of engineers, you’re who we are looking for.
A little about Vertafore in East Lansing, Michigan…
The East Lansing product development team is responsible for Sircon Solutions, a SaaS product suite built on the Java stack that improves the efficiency and accuracy of insurance and securities compliance for carriers, agencies, brokers and securities firms/education providers.
In total, we have 175 employees at this site and it’s minutes away from the Michigan State University campus and downtown Lansing. Our software developers drive technology choices and work in up-to-date frameworks, languages, and platforms. We hold to best in class Agile standards and our work culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN.
We have a smart, driven, collaborative team working in East Lansing and managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career, get the recognition you deserve and maintain a life/work balance to enjoy the recreational and cultural activities that make East Lansing a great place for young professionals as well as being a family friendly community.
No experience required! Preferred experience is listed below.
We like software engineers that:
• Have some knowledge of Java and common frameworks
• Understand relational and NoSQL databases (Oracle, Cassandra)
• Are eager to dive in and learn, with a willingness to be coached
• Enjoy solving problems as part of a team
We love software engineers that:
• Have an intense passion for innovating and building software
• Communicate clearly to explain and defend their opinions
• Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
• Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
• Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
• Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
• Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
We really like it when they:
• Have experience working in an Agile environment
• Share what they know by reaching out to other team members
• Prepare technical training and information sessions for other staff