MINDBODY | Product Development
JOB TITLE: Senior UX Designer
DEPARTMENT: Product Development
JOB FAMILY: PD - UX Design
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: UX Design Manager
DATE UPDATED: 10/3/2019
EEOC JOB CATEGORY: Professionals
Become a part of an amazing company that values user experience. Based in San Luis Obispo, we’re looking for a highly motivated Senior User Experience (UX) Designer to join our talented, award-winning UX team at MINDBODY.
Great Place to Work
MINDBODY has been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by our own employees. These ratings prove MINDBODY to have a high-trust, high-performance workplace culture, with 84 percent of employees expressing that it is a great workplace.
Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index
MINDBODY is one of 230 companies selected for the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) which distinguishes companies committed to transparency in gender reporting and advancing women’s equality. We believe that when women thrive, companies thrive.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be a part of the User Experiences team working closely with your product partners to strategize and determine the ideal balance between user goals & business objectives. You’ll take an iterative approach, working closely with business stakeholders, researchers, UX writers and developers to produce best in class SaaS products in the wellness industry. Your attention to detail & problem-solving skills will shine throughout the entire process fostering a collaborative spirit amongst team members. You will actively mentor early-career designers and ensure they have the support they need to deliver best-in-class designs. You have honed communication skills, able to speak to your design choices, and be a natural influencer. You will build strong partnerships that ensure we deliver simple, intuitive experiences that meet our customers’ and business needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in HCI, Human Factors, Design or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing products, 1+ year experience mentoring others
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision
- A strategic perspective about product development—a strong understanding of best in class design principles as well as a natural curiosity around the latest industry trends
- Experience with teams that have created new products as well as improved existing ones - and a track record for making measurable improvements
- Experience creating a variety of UX documents (personas, wireframes, story mapping, etc.) and an understanding of when/if they should be used
- Experience usability testing your ideas (preferred, not required)
- Experience guiding design studios, ideation sessions, journey mapping during the product design process using design-thinking methodologies
- A great online portfolio with more than just visuals. It should showcase your thought process and your ability to take projects from conception to completion along with measurable results
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver compelling UX visions, UI specifications, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Articulate complex visions through simple, elegant designs.
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, content strategists, product managers, engineers and researchers.
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends.
- Manage brand consistency across all touchpoints in the customer journey through helping craft design specifications, standards, style guides, toolkits, and processes.
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately.
- Mentorother product designers, removing blockers and influencing product deliverables.
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. You will receive training and guidance when working on new processes and procedures. Most decisions will be routine and do not require supervisor assistance. No direct management responsibility.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the job requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this job description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description. Nothing contained in this job description is intended to nor does it create a contract of employment for any specific duration.
Team Member Signature: ________________________________________ Date: _______________
Team Member Name: ___________________________________________