Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
PowerSchool | Services
Job purposeThis position, under the general direction of the Manager or Supervisor, Professional Services, will be responsible for technical anddevelopment support for our award-winning K-12 software. This role will implement, code, build, and test new features, maintainexisting features, and develop reports that will include components, data models, customization and reporting features for ourproducts. Additionally, this position will gather and refinerequirements, develop designs, implement, test and document solutions to produce the highest quality product and customersatisfaction.Duties and ResponsibilitiesEssential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.Preference given to candidate with the following:
● Strong experience with providing instructional consultation and training of customization technologies and methodologiesto peers, customers, and other stakeholders
● Ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of time, handle multiple priorities simultaneously, and operate in ademanding work environment is important.
● Ability to work extended hours during conventional and unconventional shifts, as business requires, with little to noadvance notice
● Proficiency in ECMAScript 6
● Familiarity with REST, OpenID, OAuth2, SAML, ApexPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
● Build customizations utilizing standard tools available in PowerSchool Systems Applications
● Create technical design specifications and documentation.
● Translates complex business needs and problems into innovative technical solutions. Consult with customizationsmanagement team to define business requirements.
● Participates fully and contributes to custom application development using Waterfall or Agile methodologies.
● Implements innovative world-class solutions.
● Develop prototypes, proofs of concept.
● Communicates effectively with customer to ensure design needs and specifications are accomplished.
● Communicates status on regular basis and in a timely manner.
● Extends and enhances automated test regimes within the development process.
● Ensures optimum performance, scalability, and usability following architectural standards of all designs andimplementations.
● All other responsibilities, as assigned by management
• Four-year technology-related degree, four or more years experience in web-based software and database developmentusing a variety modern technologies and languages, or equivalent combination of education and experience, desired.
• Significant experience with the various elements of PowerSchool 8+ functionality, including a demonstrable capability tounderstand the implications of the customization of the application in its operations with the associated database.
• Demonstrated knowledge with core PowerSchool reporting functionality.
• Superior ability to both translate complex technical concepts into understandable themes for customers comprehension,and translate general business requirements into thorough and comprehensive customization solutions
• 4 or more years experience using SQL desired.• Experience with agile development methodologies desired.
• Experience with portal development using various technologies desired.
• Great communication skills-written, verbal and graphical-required.
• Reliable attendance and punctuality is critical to successful performance in this role.
• Must be able to travel 10% of the time.