Accounts Receivable Specialist
Trintech | Accounting/Finance
Our high-growth technology company is in search of a high-performing, reliable Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our accounting team and help enable and accelerate our growth. This position will report directly to the Director of Revenue and has responsibility for global accounts receivables. This is a crucial role in driving the company’s cash collections to meet monthly and quarterly goals.
To succeed as an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you should be extremely detail oriented and a skilled and thorough researcher with excellent communication and record keeping skills. The ideal candidate must ensure that outstanding service is delivered to both internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clearly communicate with customers to ensure receipt of amounts owed, including via email or making collection calls, as needed
- Identify, document and resolve complex issues regarding invoicing, purchase orders, statements, payments, customer refunds, and payment discrepancies
- Responsible for bad debt reserve, DSO calculation, and analysis of ledger accounts associated with accounts receivable
- Accurately post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and document account or invoice status within the subledger with appropriate details
- Review customer accounts to ensure payments are properly applied and outstanding balances are researched
- Performs multiple roles such as doer, leader or facilitator to support the work of the team.
- Exhibit good judgement when deciding which delinquent customers to contact and knowing when to deviate from a predetermined cadence and email template
- Complete vendor forms, process credit card payments, and administer customer payment portals
- Work closely with Sales, Legal, Renewals, and Customer Success to resolve issues, including bankruptcies, cancellations, inquiries, etc.
- Support the process to suspend accounts associated with unpaid invoices
- Assist with audits
- Adheres to and enforces company policies and procedures
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as required
- Minimum of 4 years of credit and collections experience
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, Excel proficient
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Excellent communication, research, problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to build relationships with customers and internal departments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Netsuite, Financial Force, salesforce.com experience a plus
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks and manage workload with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate professionalism when dealing with conflict, changing priorities and pressure situations