Senior Agile Project Manager
EagleView | Engineering & IT
The Senior Agile Project Manager (Sr. APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing and motivating EagleView engineering project teams. You will align with Engineering and its stakeholders to deliver high-quality agile projects and functionality that provide exceptional business value to users.
If you are our ideal candidate, you have a keen eye for execution details, strong verbal and written communication skills, and can build and sustain trust through transparency and constructive conversations. You also are self-motivated, and highly organized. You are expected to be able to work well with individuals in different geographies and at every organizational level. A good sense of humor will go a long way.
The Sr. APM Role at EagleView requires an individual who can go deep in a specific subject area, as well as, pan back to assume a broader leadership role within Engineering. You are comfortable in the role as primary interface between Engineering and stakeholders of specific deliverables. You excel at facilitating deliveries, meeting commitments, and working effectively across multiple teams in multiple geographies and time zones, in an agile environment. You are a servant leader and drive for positive outcomes.
- Coach development teams in agile practices to support their ability to achieve high-level performance and quality (and, ideally, have fun doing so)
- Organize and lead Agile efforts and ceremonies
- Play a consultative role to put in place the right people, process and tools with an eye on efficiency, effectiveness, and team well-being
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments
- Remove team roadblocks and leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
- Empower and keep teams informed, engaged and set-up to make meaningful contributions
- Support product owners in managing expectations for project deliverables and communications
- Help to create a sustainable pace of high-quality delivery
Engineering Project Leadership:
- Lead Engineering-wide projects consisting of software and hardware deliverables involving cross-functional teams
- Facilitate scoping and planning work, as needed (working with Product Owners)
- Direct 3rd party vendor engagements and deliverables, as necessary
- Manage and proactively communicate changes in project scope, identify risks and issues, and devise contingency or recovery plans
- Coordinate with other APMs, Program and Product Owners, and Leadership to identify and propose solutions to resource or schedule constraints with associated impact assessments
- Act as a subject matter expert on the engineering delivery lifecycle and its relation to the greater product delivery lifecycle
- Help to facilitate global delivery alignment
- Serve as a change agent, identifying process improvement opportunities both internal and external to optimize overall delivery
- Use process as a tool to drive for successful outcomes, not as an end unto itself
- Support collection, publishing, and utilization of metrics to provide executive leadership with data and insights to make good decisions and prioritization calls
- Fulfill other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 7+ years of enterprise-level agile / scrum technical project management, scrum master or similar experience.
- Expertise in software development life cycle models, including knowledge of Agile and traditional project management principles and practices, with the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Proficiency to elevate Agile practices and understanding
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Experience leading integration projects involving a combination of internal teams, development partners, and off the shelf tools.
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating and team-building
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with business and Engineering individuals at all levels
- Experience working with project management tools, including JIRA, Confluence and SmartSheet
- Willingness to work flex hours in support of globally distributed teams and projects
- Travel up to 25%
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.