Trintech | SaaS Operations
Trintech’s Database Administrator role affords a motivated and qualified candidate to work within the database team as part of a globally-distributed team of Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) responsible for SaaS applications in a 24x7 production environments across the globe.
The Database Administrator will report to the Manager of Cloud Analytics and Database Admin working with the database team to support the databases and the database infrastructure
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs database administration tasks required to design, implement, manage, and support 24x7 production environments with Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL and AWS.
- Proactively monitors database and query performance using native and third-party tools.
- Drives incident response, root cause analysis, and advanced performance troubleshooting to proactively resolve database infrastructure problems and isolate application defects.
- Works with SRE to onboard existing customers from on-premise to the cloud by importing their Oracle db and transforming into SQL Server.
- Develops, optimizes and tests complex stored procedures.
- Creates scripts to automate data collection and database administration tasks.
- Defines and manages maintenance plans for non-production and production SQL environments, and supports the Oracle test environment.
- Ensures security requirements are met, support audit and compliance activities, including encrypted data at rest.
- Performs installation, configuration, and patching of Microsoft SQL server instances.
- Works closely with Development, QA, Support, and Implementation teams across the full SDLC to design databases, queries and maintenance plans for availability and performance.
- Involved in engagements with internal customers, external clients, and auditors as an SME on Microsoft SQL Server technologies (database, analysis, integration, and reporting services).
- Builds and optimizes reports using SQL Reporting Services, Power BI, Crystal Reports, and other reporting and analytics tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.Will consider an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 1-5 years of experience managing Microsoft SQL Server technologies across the full SDLC.
- 1-2 years of experience supporting databases in 24x7 production environments.
- Proficient in T-SQL or PL/SQL.PowerShell or shell scripting experience is a plus.
- Responsible to completed tasks on time while adhering to technical standards that augment security and infrastructure architecture.
- Experience with third-party database monitoring tools desired (e.g., SentryOne, Idera, Qwest).
- Experience working in consulting or other high-growth, fast-paced agile environments where technology is leveraged as an asset to drive culture, quality, and velocity.
- Experience planning, implementing or managing virtualized database servers in a VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V environments.Azure SQL PaaS experience is a plus.
- Ability to influence peers and technical staff within the team.
- Prior experience in organizations leveraging agile or ITIL methodologies is preferred.
- Experience designing, building or managing database environments to meet RTOs/RPOs and Business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR) requirements via clustering, virtualization, log shipping, etc.