Senior Tax Accountant
CentralSquare Technologies | General & Administrative
Excellent opportunity to join growing private equity-owned technology firm based in Lake Mary, Florida. The position will require strong technical tax provision and compliance skills along with accounting and analytical skills, ability to work with outside consultants, and ability to multi-task and work with others organization-wide in a high-volume, fast-paced environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain knowledge in a multi-national company and be exposed to many different types of tax reporting and provision responsibilities in both the U.S. and Canada.
- Assists with preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions schedule for financial statements of multiple entity consolidated group under ASC740
- Prepares workpapers for federal , state, and local income tax return filings, extensions, and quarterly payments (US and Canada)
- Prepares property tax returns
- Coordinates with external tax advisors for Canadian, U.S. federal and state income tax reporting.
- Assist with process improvement by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions and managing deadlines.
- Maintains current knowledge of tax regulations, updates and revisions and informs management of issues affecting our various subsidiaries.
- Assists with tax audits.
- Manages deadlines for all tax related reporting to ensure filings are completed within proper timeframe.
- Complete and file annual business licenses with multiple deadlines.
- Respond to federal, state, and local tax authority notices.
- Manage customer sales tax exemption certificates process.
- Complete month-end tax account reconciliations. Investigates and reconciles discrepancies in tax general ledger accounts.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Assist with projects with third party service providers and external tax advisors
- Answer tax related questions and respond to inquiries
- Must be able to work in fast-paced, evolving environment with a rapid close process and stringent reporting requirements for monthly and quarterly management review.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core Values
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or MBA
- 3-5 years of experience working as Tax Accountant or Senior Tax Accountant
- Advanced Excel skills to include Pivot Tables and V-LookUp
- Strong income tax provision knowledge
- Software and SaaS company experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to lead and drive ad-hoc strategic projects (as needed)