CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services
We are looking for a leader that’s ready to build a great project management team. The perfect fit for the Manager, PMO office is driven to deliver a fanatical, industry-leading Customer implementation experience while achieving company financial objectives. If that seems like a challenge you are ready to take on, read on.
The role of the Manager, Project Management Office is to ensure the streamlined operation of the Professional Services Project Management Department in alignment with revenue goals and driving the implementation of enterprise public sector software systems. The Project Management group is the single point of accountability for all customer implementations and coordinates all sub work streams in business consulting, technical services, training, development, and customer support. They will own monthly, quarterly and annual project revenue goals along with metrics that drive attainment of customer and company objectives. The Manager, PMO, will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective implementation processes for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement Project Management policies, procedures, and best practices for customer implementations.
- Owner of an amazing customer software implementation experience; Delivering reference-able customers at Go Live
- Management and driver of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Building a project management team focused on completing projects quickly, completely, and below budget
- Actively involved with project implementations and acts as escalation point for Customer issues
- Collaborate with other managers on cross-departmental policies, procedures and resource management. (Key Stakeholder Relations and Communications)
- Provide direction and guidance to PM staff for project scheduling, customer issues, department policies and procedures. (Project Management Office)
- Identify monthly, quarterly, and yearly Project Management initiatives and work to identify needed resources to meet the initiatives. Monitor initiatives on an on-going basis to assess completion, effectiveness, and success of initiatives. (Strategy and Planning)
- Monitor on an on-going basis resource utilization of professional services resources including staffing and budget. (Resource and Operational Management)
- Executive interaction with clients to include pre-sales support and scoping of services for new customer contracts. (New Business Development and Support)
- Conduct performance appraisals and salary reviews for PMO staff. Monitor on an on-going basis personnel issues and address accordingly with appropriate input. (Performance Management)
- Identify areas for the development (or revision) and implementation of policies or procedures affecting Project Management services and personnel. (Process and Policy Management)
- Identify ongoing professional development needs and organize appropriate resources to address these. (Training and Organizational Development)
- Project portfolio management and analysis
- Change Management, including shaping culture, practice, and customer experience
- Project Management policy/procedure governance
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5-7 years customer-facing project management experience preferred, preferably in software project implementations
- 2-5 years in managing non-recurring revenue forecasting, planning, risk mitigation and capacity planning
- 2-5 years in senior project management and/or management experience for resource allocations, budget execution, and personnel coordination
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact effectively with department staff, technical staff, management group and executive leadership
- Excellent customer relations and communications skills, including demonstrated ability to balance competing needs
- Experience managing using a project management platform to manage both project lifecycles and resource utilization. OpenAir experience preferred.
- Experience in implementation of goals/plans including monitoring, tracking and reporting status towards goal completion for employees
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines for multiple tasks and projects required with minimal supervision
- Project management techniques and processes (Risk, Quality, Resources, Financials and Schedules)
- Difficult work on highly technical or involved projects, presenting new or constantly changing problems. Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex factors and ideas not easily evaluated and to make decision based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Under administrative direction, establishes own standards of performance within overall policies and budgetary limits OR performs highly creative work, requires an independent approach, involves basic research, expected to recognize and evaluate data obtained from exploration.
- Outside and inside contacts requiring a high degree of diplomacy and the ability to deal with and influence persons in all types of positions
- Work flow and duties are such that they require normal mental-visual attention and manual coordination, or part-time normal and part-time concentrated attention and coordination.
- Travel is a routine, regular part of the job and averages between 25%-50% of the work time