Senior Software Engineer (MAH)
Vertafore | Development
As the senior software engineer/team lead embedded in an energetic mobile agile team of Software and QA Engineers, you will lead the team in creating mobile software products utilizing state of the art technologies. You will be hands on, involved in designing mobile applications and flexible services that expose core capabilities to different applications and user bases, and leading teams to achieve the vision through active mentoring, technical decision-making, and facilitating company-wide collaboration. All of this will be accomplished with cutting edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and fun. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing new features and supporting/bug fixing existing features
- Responsible for production
- Share what they know by mentoring other team members
- Closely follow industry trends and the open source community
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
- Curious and avid learners
- Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
- Self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
- Driven to improve, personally and professionally
- Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
- Collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
- Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
- Prepare technical training and information sessions for other staff
- Microsoft .NET, specifically C#. 5+ years for senior level positions
- Microsoft VisualStudio IDE. 5+ years for senior level positions
- Experience with TSQL 3+ years for senior level positions
- Experience working with MS SQL Server. 3+ years for senior level positions
- Experience with web UI frameworks including Angular. 2+ years
- Experienced using API endpoints to build an application. Bonus for experience using Microsoft OData technologies.
- Bonus for insurance industry experience.
- Bonus for agile & rally experience
Vertafore conducts preemployment background screenings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.