Technical Support Lead
Advanced | IT Services
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 19,000 customers relying on our software our Support team help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
Our best in class practice management software, chambers management software and legal forms are used by over 5,000 customers spanning law firms, barristers’ chambers, coroners’ offices and in-house legal teams within corporate, public and not for profit organisations, with over 50,000 legal services staff using our products daily.
We are looking for a Technical Support Consultant to provide a Managed Support solution for customer IT infrastructures
What you will be doing
- Establishing and maintaining a role as Technical Support to customers and colleagues.
- In conjunction with SDM and Technical Leads, identify problems and manage and monitor them through to resolution. Issuing regular updates and conducting regular review meetings.
- Research high-level solutions for the customer and lead technical discussions.
- Conduct regular reviews of customer process documentation and run books.
- Assist in the Change Advisory Board being the Company’s representative and feeding back on any outcome of changes raised and implemented.
- Assist in the review of Major Incident Reports and Root Cause Analysis reports commenting as required and monitoring completion of actions to prevent recurrence.
- Lead or assist other resources on client technical architecture strategy and technology roadmap. To review all technical developments with a keen eye on customer satisfaction.
- Configuring Assets for end user needs.
- Updating and reviewing the Asset register to ensure that it is a true reflection of the Asset Infrastructure
- Installation of Hardware, operating systems and supporting software.
- Understanding of Network technologies and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of SAN technologies and troubleshooting.
- Be involved in DR planned tests and run with the project alongside other client service teams
- Updating and creating support documents for Advanced resolver support from SD/DSE/CSTS
- To log, manage and maintain all tickets relating to Onsite support within Remedy.
- May be required to work flexible hours to support - customer/contractual requirements.
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Windows Server 2008/2012 R2/ 2016
- VMware 4.5, 5, 5.5 & 6 system administration
- Data Centre awareness
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure & private, Office365)
- General LAN\WAN administration
- Working knowledge of Incident/Problem/Change Management frameworks such as ITIL.
- Ability to provide input into bid, project and technical documentation
- Experience of any Microsoft technologies an advantage (Hyper-V and DPM backup)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience and knowledge in Project Management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move towards a common vision or goal
- Flexibility and adaptability: the ability to work in ambiguous situations
Re-imagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
With over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can imagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!