Software Developer - AWS
CentralSquare Technologies | Development
CentralSquare is looking for an exceptional Developer who is interested in working on our Computer-Aided Dispatching software that helps our nation’s emergency responders save lives every day!
Primary responsibilities for our Developer include software development (enhancing, troubleshooting, maintaining and testing in an Agile environment) for our Windows and Web Applications using .Net and web technologies.
· Reviews user stories, designs and implements the features, develops application prototypes, participates in design and code reviews, and programs (including unit testing).
· Develops new enhancements to products in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes participating in backlog grooming of requirements, design, and development.
· Provides maintenance on existing code for products in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes minor product changes and defect repairs.
· Participates in Lean-Agile activities including back-log and sprint planning, stakeholder reviews, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
· Works in an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
· Plays a role in design and code reviews for products throughout the CentralSquare suite of applications.
· Participates in creating and maintaining department standards for software development best practices.
· BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· Experience developing within a complex enterprise application
· Excellent communication skills in English (both written & spoken)
· Experience with SAAS development
· Experience Leading Development teams
· Experience Leading Code Reviews
· Passion for Quality
At least 3-7 years professional experience with:
· .NET 4.x Frameworks
· SQL Server (T-SQL, Schema designing, Stored procedures)
· XML, JSON
· WCF, Web Services (REST, SOAP)
· Unit Testing
Other Valuable Experience Includes:
· MS Web API, MVC, .NET Core
· Common design patterns
· AWS (Amazon Web Service)
· Docker & Containers
· PowerShell, Python
· Azure DevOps and Visual Studio