Director of Finance
Ping Identity | Accounting/Finance (9110)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Finance Director is a critical member of Ping’s FP&A team who will lead the Finance Managers and coordinate across various teams to distill information needed to produce accurate short range and long range financial forecasts. This individual should be detail oriented and have a passion for scaling and improving practices and providing sound business judgement by extracting insights through financial analysis. Whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, work output will be used by Ping’s leaders to understand how the business is performing and to make strategic decisions. The applicant should have strong problem solving and analysis skills, a collaborative leadership style, and confidence to communicate effectively with executive business partners.
In this role, the Finance Director will drive consolidated financial planning, business modeling, and KPI metric continuity. This role will be responsible for short and long-term growth forecasts that guide financial planning and will work to ensure the highest standards of quality and transparency in our processes and reporting, and proactively implement best practices to minimize risk. This critical hands-on role will build value-added insight into all financial and operational measures of the business by partnering closely with various business leaders to provide proactive, accurate and timely analysis on a wide variety of strategic topics to optimize financial performance.
- Lead consolidation of monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and financial planning cycles.
- Maintain accurate and updated forecasts and leading indicators of future expected performance (cash, revenue, etc.).
- Prepare short-range and long-range Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow forecasting.
- Own FP&A close process by over-seeing deliverables across the FP&A team and ensuring accurate and timely communication of results.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly management reporting – to satisfy internal and external stakeholders including detailed bookings to revenue and departmental cost budget-to-actual analysis each month.
- Create and maintain a variety of corporate metrics and dashboards to ensure the optimal understanding of the business against the context of corporate goals and industry trends.
- Analyze financial results, distill key trends, assess current and future risks, and communicate key messages to senior leadership
- Support senior management with all presentations and analyses including monthly operating reports and quarterly Board of Director presentations.
- Expand and improve our financial modeling capabilities for real-time analysis of different financial and operational scenarios quantifying efficiencies and alternatives to improve the company’s financial performance.
- Oversee the accuracy of the monthly integration between our financial reporting/forecasting tool and accounting system.
- Extract incremental value out of existing systems and help implement new systems to support forecasting and data analysis requirements.
- Mentor and manage FP&A team; provide necessary trainings to more junior members of the team to ensure high quality work.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a minimum of 8 years in financial planning and analysis or corporate finance
- 5+ years management experience.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, strategically focused, detail oriented.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and financial modeling skills.
- Demonstrated success building integrated (three financial statements) models and experience forecasting cash and balance sheet items.
- Strong analytical skills, including superior financial modeling; general financial reporting and management accounting skills.
- MBA and/or CPA/CFA.
- Direct experience leading finance for complex, global, public company environment, preferable in the Computer Software industry.
- Experience with Cloud technology financial planning and modeling.
- Systems, database, automation or business intelligence skills; experience working with systems like Salesforce, Netsuite, Adaptive Insights, and/or BI tools.
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Operational curiosity to seek out potential areas of improvement and/or support/disprove current operational assumptions regarding pricing, cost structure, efficiency, etc.
- Commitment to excellence and impeccable ethical standards and integrity.