Software Engineer II (PHP)
EagleView | Engineering & IT
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer who is passionate about their career and amazing at what they do.
What we expect from you:
As a key member of our agile team, you’ll participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle – design, coding, testing, implementation and support. You must be able to work well in a collaborative setting, be able to quickly adapt to new development environments and systems, and have the ability to find creative and scalable solutions to difficult and complex problems. The person hired will have the opportunity to work closely with our imagery and geospatial data while developing customer facing applications for government, commercial and infrastructure customers.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering.
4+ years of experience in PHP and other web technologies
Design and development of applications for visualizing geospatial data
Understanding the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP
Understanding of MVC design patterns
Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
Collaborate on major architectural and technical design issues
Ensure coding, testing and documentation tasks are successfully performed for new application development as well as enhancements to existing system functionality