Numerator | Finance & Admin
The Payroll Manager is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support for payroll and the administrative functions of on/off-boarding of all North American employees, mainly USA and Canada. Act as a resource for employees by providing service and guidance for payroll issues. Compiles and maintains payroll records and documents.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage all aspects of domestic and global payroll, including processing payroll for 1,600 employees exempt and non-exempt.
- Monitor the accurate processing of employee transfer, promotions and terminations.
- Prepare and review payroll account reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate account balances.
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Manage and resolve issues related to payroll processes.
- Review and document the payroll process.
- Process any off-cycle payrolls as needed or required by law.
- Process global commissions as required. Support Sales Operations with commission questions.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Keep abreast of tax legislation that impacts payroll.
- Keep track of all open tax jurisdictions and suspend/close jurisdictions as needed
- Review and respond to requests for verification of employment.
- Partner with HRIS Analyst in obtaining statistics and information related to payroll.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Associates degree in Human Resources or Accounting or related experience.
- 2 or more years of general HR administration experience.
- 2 of more years of payroll processing experience
- General understanding of HR law as it relates to payroll administration.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to exercise poise, tactfulness, diplomacy, and good interpersonal skills in order to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service, communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience with ADP HCM preferred.
- Human Resource Certification (PHR, SPHR desirable)