CentralSquare Technologies | General & Administrative
CentralSquareis a unique enterprise software company whose mission is to build safer andsmarter communities. The company servesover 7,500 organizations in North America, from large cities to counties andtowns of every size. They providesoftware for managing public safety (#1 market share) and public administration(#2 market share). The company employsover 2,000 individuals in multiple North American locations. More information is available at www.CentralSquare.com.
Its technologyplatform for public safety includes 911 call management, computer-aideddispatch, records management, mobile, citations, evidence management, andcorrections. In essence, the company’s software empowers first responders to dotheir jobs as effectively as possible. CentralSquare has the opportunity tohelp first responders save more lives. Basedon recent studies, for every second the company’s ever improving software canshave off response time, one thousand lives are saved.
For publicadministration agencies, CentralSquare provides software for finance, humancapital management, payroll, utility billing, citizen engagement, assetmanagement, regulatory compliance, and community development. For governmentowned hospitals and clinics, it provides patient information, compliance, andanalytics software. CentralSquare’s broad, unified and smart software suiteserves 3 in 4 citizens across North America. With the efficiencies of CentralSquare software tools, administrators can spend more time on the big issues(education, homelessness, healthy patient outcomes, etc.) and less on fighting bureaucraticfires. Working at CentralSquare provides the opportunity to help improve theexperience all of us as citizens have in interacting with our localgovernments.
Central Squarehas the backing of two of the most successful private equity firms: VistaEquity Partners and Bain Capital. Thecompany was formed by these investors in late 2018 by the merger of Superion,TriTech along with Zuercher, and the public sector and healthcare business ofAptean.
Both of thesefirms are committed to providing the support necessary to maintain CentralSquare’s outstanding growth trajectory. The company has significant growth plans driven by continued productinnovation, customer and market expansion and the shift from on-premiselicensed software to a more cloud-based SaaS model.
TheDirector of Tax is responsible for managing the company’s income tax accountingand reporting functions on a global basis. The successful candidate will managethe company’s tax accounting processes while maintaining compliance with taxlaws, Sarbanes-Oxley and accounting policies. The Director of Tax also providesproactive guidance to finance leaders to manage risk, support growth andcontribute to overall shareholder value.
The Director of Tax works across functional areas to support businesstransactions and strategic corporate initiatives. This position reports to theVP Accounting and will work with internal stakeholders and external taxconsultants.
- Actively manage all aspects of financial reporting for income tax including annual effective tax rate, forecasted global tax provisions and uncertain tax positions.
- Provide oversight for the coordination of compliance for the annual preparation of all tax returns and statutory filings, including effective tax rate reconciliations, roll forward and analysis of payable and deferred tax accounts.
- Assist in and or perform global tax research and planning activities to optimize taxes and the effective tax rate and enhance cash flow. Includes working with other executives and external tax consultants.
- Ensure that the corporation maintains up-to-date tax expertise and awareness of international, federal and state laws and their impact.
- Assist in evaluating US and global tax impacts of new transactions, both organic and acquisitive.
- Maintain strong relationship with the external auditor and manage the annual financial statement audit of income tax.
- Ensuring the adequacy and accuracy of financial statement tax provisions and reserves.
- Play an integral role in maintaining a highly responsive and technically sound tax accounting organization that supports the long-term approach of the organization and interfaces across the organization to support key business initiatives. Develop, mentor, and recruit individuals to the tax accounting organization as necessary. This position will have one direct report.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to translate complex tax matters into language that can be understood and factored in to overall business decisions by management.
- Ability to interact collaboratively across the finance organization, external advisors and auditors.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to influence at all levels.
- A minimum 10 years of experience in the tax group of a well-regarded global public company of significant scale.
- An undergraduate degree with a financial concentration, followed by an MBA, MST and or LLM, with an emphasis on taxation is preferred.
- A CPA is required.
- A minimum of five years in public accounting experience is required.
- An inspirational leader who has significant depth of knowledge and experience in US and global tax who has a successful track record meeting deadlines, increasing efficiency, issue spotting, internal controls, and tax accounting support.