Cloud Security Architect
Jamf | 410 - Cloud Operations
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Cloud Security Architect is responsible for leading our corporate security and compliance programs within Cloud and Delivery. In this position you will take an active role in influencing numerous Engineering and Operations teams to follow security best practices. You will be responsible for building roadmaps that advance our network and server security controls in an infrastructure as code environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Amazon Web Services technologies such as AWS Config, Web Application Firewalls, Key Management Service, anomaly detection tools such as GuardDuty, Lambda, and Service Control Policies along with having a passion for automation and Event Driven Development. Within Cloud and Delivery this individual will help advise teams focused on Improving our Cloud Security Footprint and others learning from your Cloud Native Security and Automation Best Practices.
This role will work closely and collaboratively with the Jamf Software Architects, Commercial Cloud Providers (e.g. AWS) and Cloud and Delivery teams to create high level and detailed design plans that continually improves products that help our customers find success, performance and scalability with the Apple platform in the Jamf Cloud. You are known across the organization as an expert in our domain and with our product. You are a mentor and trainer to others in Cloud and Delivery as well as to other roles across the company. Your solutions lead Jamf to remain the best of breed in Cloud support of Apple devices.
- Meet with clients, auditors, and independent security assessment firms
- Participate in efforts to establish SOC2 and ISO27001 across our product portfolio and lead technical implementation
- Implement controls for FedRamp Moderate across our AWS GovCloud environment
- Influence Product Management and Cloud and Delivery teams in setting technical roadmap for Cloud Infrastructure, design and automation in meeting the overall Jamf Cloud requirements
- Consult and interact with Software Architects, Product Management, Cloud and Delivery Admins and Ops team members to lead in the design of scalable infrastructure to effectively and economically support Jamf Cloud Solutions
- Research and set paths toward the use of new and developing technologies for Cloud Infrastructure
- Leads the design of Cloud Infrastructure and related elements leveraging experience to ensure a scalable and cost-effective design that supports Jamfs Cloud customer needs now and in the future
- Establishes Cloud Infrastructure Design best practices, templates and processes
- Mentors, consults and trains SysAdmins and NetOps on detailed design, infrastructure best practices and automation
- Designs new component internal elements distinguishing public and private interfaces
- Analyze Cloud Infrastructure requirements, scalability and performance needs, related product and current infrastructure issues to help create an infrastructure backlog and influence product engineering backlog to optimize cloud scalability and performance
- Leverage knowledge of cloud, product and technology to positively impact the direction of infrastructure
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- 4 – 7+ Years experience designing, building and supporting Cloud Infrastructure for commercial enterprise solutions with understanding of scalability, performance and economies of scale (Required)
- 4 – 7+ Years demonstrated experience in infrastructure design and implementation based on position requirements (Required)
- General Experience supporting and collaborating with performance and load testing Cloud based applications (Required)
- General experience with Java EE, application containers (Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss) and SQL (Preferred)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Proven Analytical Skills
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results driven culture
- Good Listening Skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Apple Platform (Preferred)
- Agile Methodologies (Preferred)
- Solutions focused ability working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
How we help you reach your best potential:
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Our people are what make us great, and we protect our people. Jamfs across the globe receive a superior compensation and benefits package.
- Everyone has a voice, and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 34,000 global customers with the best Apple Device Management solution in the world
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.