Team Lead, International Payroll
MINDBODY | Finance/Accounting
JOB TITLE: Team Lead, International Payroll, Mindbody India
JOB FUNCTION: Finance
JOB FAMILY: FI - Accounting
REPORTS TO: Financial Controller, India
Connectingthe world to wellness
MINDBODY emerged from the simpleidea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most:their customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world'sleading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands of passionatehealth, wellness and beauty professionals to the millions of clients theyserve.
MINDBODY is a cloud-based businessmanagement software for the wellness services industry.
We serve about 35 million consumers located in 130 countries& territories.
At MINDBODY, work-life balance takes on a new meaning forus. When your life goals & values align with the work you do every day,balance is second nature.
We help inspired business owners seamlessly succeed &individuals all over the globe lead healthier, happier lives with ourtechnology.
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
The accounting department ensuresthe timely and accurate delivery of financial statements through managing anarray of accounting processes including the month-end financial statementclose, payroll, accounts payable, tax and audit compliance, designing andmaintaining accounting policies, and implementing financial controls. Thedepartment strives to promote company values by continually evolvingdepartment efficiency and procedures through automation, by taking action tominimize MINDBODY’s environmental impact through minimal use of paper, and byserving employees, management, and vendors in a humble and helpful manner.
The Payroll Team Lead isresponsible for managing the processing of the Company’s Indian, UK, andAustralian payroll. The successful candidate will have a strong background inand in-depth knowledge of payroll processes and compliance requirements forthese regions. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring payroll isprocessed accurately and timely as well as ensuring compliance with all payrollrelated accounting, reconciliations, reporting and filing requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for overseeing thepreparation and processing of payroll for Non-US employees; review and ensureaccuracy of approved timesheets; ensure all taxes and other payroll deductionsare reflected accurately
· Lead the coordination efforts between Payroll, People& Culture, FP&A and other departments to ensure proper flow andmaintenance of employee data
· Ensures accurate and timely distribution of all employee payrollreporting
· Prepare payroll related metrics, analysis, and reporting tosenior management
· Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports,including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hoursworked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
· Manage the administration of the electronic timekeepingsystem including providing training and resources to employees. Setup eachemployee and adherence to all government regulations; monitor submissions ofapproved timesheets, ensure valid datatransfers to/from payroll service
· Establish/maintain employee records;ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis;review changes for proper authorization and adherence to company policyincluding compliance with all regulations
· Prepare or review payroll journalentries, balance sheet reconciliations, and monthly fluctuation analysis
· Assist in maintaining and updatingdocumentation of payroll and accounting department policies and procedures
· Monitor and analyze financialtransactions to ensure payroll and accounting records are complete and accurate
· Assist with generaladministrative tasks and ad hoc projects as assigned
· All other duties as assigned
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
• Duties for this position are performed under limited supervision
• You will be responsible for planning and organizing theirown work, which may or may not be directly related to general businessoperations of the company or its customers
• You will receive training and guidance from manager asneeded
• Individual contributors may be required to regularlyexercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters ofsignificance depending on the nature of the position
• There is no direct management responsibility for theposition
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of a Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
• 5+ yearsof progressively responsible experience managing and processing payroll in India,the United Kingdom, and Australia
• Strong Excel and NetSuite skills a plus
• Possesses relevant payroll certifications for India, UK,or Australia
• Knowledge of Indian and US GAAP a plus
• Highly motivated self-starter and analytical thinker
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must work collaboratively with a history of identifyinginefficiencies and developing solutions to improve processes
• Thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment, adaptseasily to change
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• You will need dexterity of hands and fingers to operate acomputer keyboard
• This position is mostly stationary and will be required toremain stationary for extended periods of time
• Specific vision abilities required by this position includeclose vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
• The noise level in the work environment is usuallymoderately quiet