Manager, Cloud Engineering
Jamf | 315 - Cloud Engineering
As Manager of Cloud Engineering you will be responsible for leading systems and development efforts across the Cloud & Delivery organization. You will be responsible for leading development teams responsible for building, managing, and deploying the Jamf Cloud environment that supports a portfolio of SaaS products. You will lead a group of engineers that combine software development and systems engineering to design global solutions that scale to support millions of devices around the world.
We are looking for a technical leader that demonstrates relentless self-improvement by staying current with cloud development technologies, and that demonstrates a passion for innovation. Cloud Engineering leaders are responsible for building critical production systems and should also strive for operational excellence with the services that their team delivers. An ideal candidate should embrace DevOps best practices and demonstrate a passion for recruiting, hiring, mentoring, and coaching engineers across many job levels. Leaders are expected to contribute to the roadmap for their area and to ensure the people they serve are aware of and understand the what and the why of their priorities.
PEOPLE & CULTURE
- Performs key people management responsibilities including hiring, on boarding, developing, and supervising team along with conducting performance appraisals and coaching for performance and career growth for Engineers and Supervisor(s)
- Ensure teams are properly focused and aligned with departmental and organizational goals
- Continuously work to improve team dynamics and operational maturity of the organization
- Align teams with our culture, ensuring that they understand Jamf values, mission, goals, and priorities
- Provide clear vision, strategies, support and expectations to ensure employees are able to learn, grow and expand their skills, perspectives and experiences to help grow Jamf
- Models a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work Helps drive decisions on key personnel hires to influence goals to department strategies
- Hold regular 1:1’s with direct reports and performs skip level 1:1’s on an ongoing basis
- Prioritizes, monitors, and manages results through planning, attention to detail, and decision making.
- Work and communicate effectively with Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, Automation, Technical Writers, Feature Owners, and all JAMF Software stake holders.
- Ensures the teams they interact with understand JAMF values, mission, goals and engineering priorities and can make the connection between the work they are doing and the greater organization.
- Engages within or across teams to drive standalone initiative(s) within department aligned to company or line of business objectives
- Proactively seeks input from other departments what is working well and what can be improved
- Ensure teams follow engineering best practices, department processes and standards
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs).
- Contribute to the development of engineering strategies, tactics and priorities
- Ensure effective application of Lean principles and Agile development practices
- Fosters a workplace with the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Provides the vision and oversight of software development efforts for teams and utilizes expertise on techniques, tools, languages, and practices to guide and mentor.
- Deliver quality services and ensures teams are using KPI’s and complying with SLA’s Serve as a point of escalation for customers and Cloud & Delivery teams
- Leads, facilitates, and mentors teams in solving the problems of building cloud based platforms
- Work as a member of the Engineering Management team on strategic planning and the effective communication of issues, objectives, initiatives, and performance
- Maintain production services, including assisting with disaster recovery
- Develop automation where appropriate to make processes used between teams more effective and efficient Identify techniques and tools that will enhance the capabilities of the team to be more effective
- Actively collaborates with the engineering leadership team to build accurate roadmaps that solve problems and improve the effectiveness of the organization.
- Ensures the overall code quality of services in the Cloud & Delivery code base.
- Mentors other engineers and on management best practices, employee development, career growth and other disciplines
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree or a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams (Required)
- 3+ years of systems engineering or systems development (Preferred)
- Preferred Certifications/Licensures: Amazon Web Services (AWS) certifications such as Solutions Architect, Developer, and/or SysOps Administrator are helpful. If you don’t have them don’t worry, we’ll help you become certified
- 2 or more years of Jamf product knowledge (We will happily provide this training!)