Senior Financial Analyst
MINDBODY | Finance/Accounting
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the ongoing analysis of the Company’s operating and financial results. This position will be deeply involved in the Company’s annual budgeting process and will help drive the success of the business by providing information and analysis to assist in decision-making. The successful candidate will have a background in accounting or finance, preferably in the software business with experience in forecasting, budgeting, and financial modeling.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- Four to Six years’ experience in business planning and analysis or finance/accounting, preferably in a high tech or software company.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, including Pivot tables, Vlookups, Nested IF statements, Logic statements, required. Experience with Power BI and Tableau preferred.
- Demonstrated strong financial modeling experience.
- Self-motivated to achieve results and produce high quality results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.Presentation skills a plus.
- Desire to seek answers and solutions and to diligently look beyond initial information and indicators to uncover true drivers of results.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to accurately input information using a moderately complex financial application.
- Previous experience working with Adaptive Insights, NetSuite, Zuora, and Salesforce.com are a plus
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and analyze financial results and perform analysis of key performance indicators.
- Work with individual departments and department heads to analyze operating and financial results and develop performance metrics and processes for analyzing those metrics.
- Strong independent contributor, comfortable digging into large data sets.
- Comfortable learning the payments ecosystem, including revenue forecasting, cost/margin analysis and contract negotiation support.
- Collaborates and contributes to a positive team environment. Enjoys building rapport and supporting our internal and external clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to influence individuals at all levels of the business.
- Assist with and help to manage the annual business planning process.Work with department heads to develop their annual budgets and analyze budget versus actual results.
- Perform financial analysis of specific business ventures and strategic initiatives.Includes preparing and analyzing pro forma financial results.
- Assist with general administrative tasks and ad hoc projects as assigned. Analyze current internal business processes and improve efficiency.
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- Potential for occasional short-term travel