Associate Quality Assurance Engineer
PowerSchool | R&D
PowerSchool® is the SIS leader, serving as the hub of educational ecosystems for over 40 million users. PowerSchool’s products allow stakeholders to manage school processes and data, manage and monitor the special education process, and provides registration module for K-12 organizations. PowerSchool embraces a secure, open architecture and provides an extensive set of APIs that customers control to enable their schools to have the industry’s best integrations.
- Within an Agile framework, lead other team members to deliver compelling, high quality solutions via iterative sprint commitments in on aggressive release cycles.
- Uphold existing quality assurance standards and processes, and be a champion in driving further improvements. This includes the creation and documentation of QA standards and best practices that can be leveraged by the entire QA organization.
- Mentor junior staff on sound QA and testing methodologies, as well as sound business principles such as time and project management, communication skills.
- Research and internalize proposed software requirements, functional designs, and technical designs, as well as participate in meetings to clarify and refine requirements and designs.
- Develop and implement test strategies and test plans.
- Create high level manual test cases, followed by creation and execution of automated test cases. This includes the creation of necessary test data.
- Perform manual testing to ensure the software meets stated requirements & designs, and has a positive user experience. This may include black box, white box, positive, negative, boundary, stress, integration, exploratory, usability, system, platform, or regression testing methodologies.
- Perform verification on software defect fixes to ensure they resolve the stated problem.
- Follow sound problem solving methodologies to identify, troubleshoot, and properly document software defects.
- Perform maintenance on existing test-ware, and implement incremental improvements.
- Identify, quantify, and communicate software risks, and produce comprehensive mitigation strategies.
- Produce accurate estimates for the time needed to execute on assigned projects and tasks.
- All other responsibilities, as assigned by management.
- 4 year+ degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of experience as a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
- Knowledge and passion for Software Quality Assurance & Testing methodologies
- Expert knowledge of automated UI testing methodologies and toolsets
- Knowledge in core Java and Selenium
- Expert knowledge of automated load testing methodologies and toolsets
- Knowledge of Source Code Management methodologies (SVN, Git)
- A passion for improvement of existing processes and tools
- Experience mentoring junior staff on QA and testing methodologies
- Expert understanding of Agile & Lean SDLC methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies and toolsets
- Expert knowledge of SQL, and intermediate knowledge of Oracle
- Experience with Windows and MAC client and server operating systems
- Experience working in the Microsoft and .NET technology stack
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Demonstrate an ability to thrive as both an individual contributor and as a team contributor
- Demonstrate motivation, innovation and a dramatic willingness toward excellence
- Must be able to travel 5% of the time