Numerator | Engineering
Numerator is a data and technology company reinventing market research. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Numerator has 1,600 employees worldwide. The company blends proprietary data with advanced technology to create unique insights for the market research industry that has been slow to change. The majority of Fortune 100 companies are Numerator clients. What are you waiting for, join us on this amazing journey!
Numerator is looking for Data Scientists to join our growing Research and Development team. This is a unique opportunity where you will get a chance to work with an established and rapidly evolving platforms that handles millions of requests and massive amounts of events, and other data. In this position, you will be responsible for taking on new initiatives to automate, enhance, maintain, and scale services in a rapidly-scaling environment.
As a member of our team, you will make an immediate impact as you help build out and expand our technology platforms across several software products. This is a fast-paced role with high growth, visibility, impact, and where many of the decisions for new projects will be driven by you and your team from inception through production.
This Data Scientist position is a highly-autonomous, product-focused role designed to create value and drive impact across the Product organization, while also influencing the evolution and strategic direction of our company as a whole. The role is cross-functional by nature and is responsible for developing data products and analytics, defining methodologies, conducting research and analysis on a variety of subject areas, and driving bottom-line growth through building operational efficiencies and leading special projects for our clients. The ideal candidate is a seasoned Data Scientist (e.g. quantitative analyst) with diversified experiences across several industries, who's held various positions within analytics or engineering functions. Since a major requirement for this role is to understand, author, and deploy production code, the ideal candidate should also be experienced with processing large quantities of data, building algorithms alongside software engineers, and foundationally rooted in applied statistics.
Responsibilities- What you get to do!
- Identify new opportunities to build and/or improve new product features and data products
- Partner with Product, Data, and Engineering teams to identify, investigate and deliver solutions related to product and back-end data issues
- Deliver complex projects involving heavy data and statistical modeling (e.g. sampling, segmentation, classification, predictive modeling, etc.)
- Lead the discovery and development of new and existing methodologies and algorithms
- Regularly communicate outcomes, new initiatives and improvements, etc. to stakeholders
- Provide data science consulting and support to both internal and external clients
What we are looking for- the requirements:
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, or other behavioral and/or equivalent quantitative science
- 3+ years of industry experience as a Data Scientist and/or equivalent role such as engineer with analytics focus. For data science boot camp graduates, 2+ years of experience as a data scientist post-graduation
- Experience with defining key product metrics, setting team goals, and building internal tools to monitor progress against KPI's
- Proficiency in Python and/or R, SQL, Spreadsheets
- Experience with applied statistics across various data types and sizes
- Experience with communicating complex analyses and methodologies effectively to non-technical stakeholders
- Outstanding written and verbal data storytelling, demonstrated consulting skill and ability to tailor communication style and depth to a variety of audiences
- Highly autonomous, versatile, intellectually curious and resilient within a dynamic and fast-paced organization
Extra, Nice to haves-
- Experience with developing, deploying and maintaining back-end production code, including (but not limited to) applied ML frameworks and applications (e.g. SciKit Learn, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Proven track record of delivering solutions to a production environment
- Solid understanding of SQL and transactional databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, etc.), and experience with building data models and/or improving warehouse architecture
- Experience with understanding, analyzing and modeling user data and behavioral trends
- Enthusiasm for identifying and pursuing new business and product opportunities
- Experience working with marketing insights, shopping data or in the retail industry
- Demonstrated ability to systematically break down large, vague feature requests into deliverable work product
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.