Deep Learning Engineer
Numerator | Engineering
Numerator is looking for Deep Learning Engineers to join our growing Research and Development team. This is a unique opportunity where you will get a chance to work with an established and rapidly evolving platforms that handles millions of requests and massive amounts of events, and other data. In this position, you will be responsible for taking on new initiatives to automate, enhance, maintain, and scale services in a rapidly-scaling environment.
As a member of our team, you will make an immediate impact as you help build out and expand our technology platforms across several software products. This is a fast-paced role with high growth, visibility, impact, and where many of the decisions for new projects will be driven by you and your team from inception through production.
About the position and responsibilities-
The ideal candidate is an experienced Deep Learning Engineer and can serve as a thought leader on the team for organizing structured and unstructured data, helping to work with the team to create data pipelines, updating existing models, and experimenting with new optimizations. Our data provides the best understanding of consumer purchase behavior, that needs daily updates and availability across many countries.
Along with a supporting cast of data engineers and application developers, the Deep Learning Engineer will create new models, systems & tools to help provide answers that allow Numerator to continue to build out the world's largest single-source set of purchase data across brands and retailers.
What we are looking for-
- A Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or another quantitative discipline
- Strong background in the foundations of machine learning, familiarity or exposure to NLP, conversational systems, knowledge bases and/or search
- At least one year of hands-on experience with Python
- Experienced Software Engineering and Data Modeling fundamentals
- Knowledge in the latest NLP-related algorithms and methods such as sequence-to-sequence models, word and sentence embeddings, attention, etc
- Expert in SQL, including advanced analytical query
- Familiarity with Tensorflow or equivalent
Extra, Nice to haves-
- Demonstrated ability to drive selection of machine learning approaches to solve specific problems coupled with the ability to clearly communicate tradeoffs
- Experience working with a MPP data warehouse (aka Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience configuring and optimizing data pipelines
- Experience in Marketing Analytics field
- Experience on AWS Sagemaker stack & pattern
- General software design patterns (REST, MVC, Auto-scaling, etc.)
- Experience with ML models leveraging reinforcement learning
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.