Techical Program Manager
MINDBODY | Product Development
JOB TITLE: Technical Program Manager
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Responsible for technical program completion using an internal customer perspective, typically from planning through delivery. Coordinate cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity which bring distinct, specific programs to completion both on time and within budget.
The Technical Program Manager leads a cross functional team to achieve business goals by driving the planning, execution, and delivery of software development programs. Acts as a champion of accountability and transparency by applying consistent program management practices that complement the Software Development Life Cycle.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• 5+ years of formal project/program management experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, project management or related field preferred
• PMP, PgMP or other relevant certification preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and strong aptitude for emotional intelligence
• Relationship building skills, and the ability to establish credibility and influence within the internal organization as well as outside vendors
• Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
• Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
• Strong leadership skills, including the experience presenting key insights to executives
• Knowledge and experience with project management principles, practices, techniques and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating and managing projects and resources
• Ability to prioritize among demands
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Program manage cross-functional initiatives, identifying and driving key deliverables and providing program status to stakeholders.
• Drive, coordinate and monitor engineering programs including scheduling, planning, execution, and release.
• Manage program schedules, budgets, and scope. Identify potential threats, cross-functional dependencies and present triple constraint trade-offs.
• Demonstrate technical subject matter expertise to help scope projects, design solutions, and resolve issues. Be able to work in software, write software, and use software to achieve goals.
• Lead cross-functional teams to support organization wide product readiness and go-to-market strategies.
• Ensure product development teams adhere to the product development processes. Drive and lead development checkpoints reviews.
• Drive cross-functional issue resolution ensuring issues are identified, owned and resolved. Ensure issues are escalated to engineering leadership.
• Identify and surface process improvement recommendations.
• Effectively communicating strategy and goals and how they align to the team’s work.
• Identify, evaluate and prioritize program risks. Coordinate efforts to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and impacts of identified risks.
• Contribute to best practices for Program Management principles, as well as Agile methodologies and frameworks.
• Communicates complex concepts effectively to all levels.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Often responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers. Will receive training and guidance from manager as needed. Individual
contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position. No direct management responsibility