MINDBODY | Product Development
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Designs, develops, troubleshoots, and debugs code for our marketing web properties. This may include developing software components including Frameworks, Templates, Utilities, and Internet-related tools.
The Manager, Software Engineering for Marketing Web Development Team will be responsible for mentoring software engineers within their technical guild to develop their coding, adopt best practices, performance, documentation problem-solving solving abilities in addition to contributing to our code base(s). The Marketing Web Development Manager is also responsible for their direct reports training, providing necessary software and hardware tools, yearly reviews, conducting one-on-ones, career development, and coaching. Above all, the Marketing Web Development Manager should uphold the team’s mission: to serve MINDBODY Marketing and support its vision by providing data-driven insights and technical expertise.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BS Degree CSC/CPE or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant software development experience
- 2+ years of experience managing or leading technical employees (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams
- Ability to drive software development efforts
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise a team of 4-8 team members
- Actively contributes code to projects
- Communicate technical expertise, stay current and communicate best practices within their technical discipline
- Mentors Software Engineers on best practices within their technical guild
- Manages overall code quality of Software Engineers on assigned guild(s)
- Ensures Software Engineers on assigned guilds are meeting performance and quality standards
- Provides timely feedback regarding addressing bugs, code quality, and performance issues
- Collaborates with the other Software Managers and the Director of Software Engineering to create and evaluate department-wide process improvements and initiatives
- Identifies and provides direction to support team members to modify behavior that could be adversely impacting group effectiveness and productivity
- Proactively facilitates schedules, procures, and technical training for teams and individuals
- Facilitates positive change in direct reports, department culture, and product development values
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability
- Responsible for new hire training and smooth transition into teams
- Schedules and attends one-on-ones with direct reports, with regularity determined by the expressed needs of direct reports
- Schedules, leads, and prepares content for regular performance discussions for direct reports
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
People Manager: Duties are performed under limited supervision. Decision making authority is broad within the scope of assignments. This position requires self-direction and continuous evaluation of priorities to ensure completion by deadlines. All decisions and consulting will reflect adherence with internal policies and state and federal law. This position plays a key role in recruiting, supervising, evaluating, mentoring and if necessary, dismissing team members. Although this role can operate successfully with little direct supervision, all operational changes particularly those relating to job function changes, raises, service level goals, and anything budget related must be agreed upon by the department Executive.