Senior Software Engineer - India
Advanced | Development
We’re one of the UK’s largestand fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thingthat enables us to stand out from the competition. We pride ourselves ondelivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprisecommercial and health & care organizations that simplify complex businesschallenges and deliver immediate and high-quality value.
POST TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
LOCATION: Bangalore - India
REPORTING TO: Respective Line Manager
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 5 to 9 Years
A provensoftware developer with 8-9 years of strong PROGRESS 4GL technologies withdevelopment experience in developing applications using PROGRESS4GL/.ADM/WEBSPEED and required to work within a team for a financial or humancapital products.
A proven SeniorSoftware Developer with 8-9 years of strong development experience withtechnical skills related to PROGRESS. Key Skillset should include PROGRESS 4GL,WEBSPEED, ADM , ADM2, Openedge latest version.
Candidateshould have development and support experience in handling products related toFinancial domain and or human capital domain
1. Very Strongbasics and fundamentals concepts in Open Edge, Object Oriented ABL, .Net FrameWork, AppServer, PRODataset.
2. Progress 4GL,CHUI, GUI, ADM/ADM2, Open Edge, Data PA, XML, DOM, SAX, .Net Framework forProgress ABL.
3. DatabaseDesigning and Application Programming.
5. Eitherstrong OOP or Functional Programming and modelling skills
6. Experiencebuilding complex application systems that have been successfully delivered tocustomers
7. Should becapable to lead the team and drive initiatives on development or support. Alsomentor junior team members.
8. Experienceworking in an agile environment, Ability to take a project from scopingrequirements through actual launch of the project
9. Experience incommunicating with users, support teams and other technical teams andmanagement to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meetproduction deadlines
10. Experiencewith professional software engineering best practices for the full softwaredevelopment life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, sourcecontrol management, build processes, testing and operations